PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] backup crash

miguel57
09-05-22, 08:24
I have done a backup of the new Openvix VI in my HDD. When i try to charge that backup, the screen of the TV set show the green Vu+ logo with the green cube and nothing else happen, it remains that way until I switch off the machine. Any help?

twol
09-05-22, 11:43
I have done a backup of the new Openvix VI in my HDD. When i try to charge that backup, the screen of the TV set show the green Vu+ logo with the green cube and nothing else happen, it remains that way until I switch off the machine. Any help?

Need debug log if no crash log

miguel57
09-05-22, 11:58
Need debug log if no crash log

What do i have to do to get the debug log?

twol
09-05-22, 12:46
Menu/setup/system/logs/settings ----> enable, change location to hdd or usb (not flash), show in extensions = Yes ----> reboot as requested.
to see logs press blue button, logs(usually at top) will immediately show if you have crash log, else red button to look at debug logs.

using filezilla, logs are in /media/hdd or media/usb ---> logs transfer to PC and post here in thread

miguel57
09-05-22, 15:45
Menu/setup/system/logs/settings ----> enable, change location to hdd or usb (not flash), show in extensions = Yes ----> reboot as requested.
to see logs press blue button, logs(usually at top) will immediately show if you have crash log, else red button to look at debug logs.

using filezilla, logs are in /media/hdd or media/usb ---> logs transfer to PC and post here in thread

In media/hdd there are not any logs and after reaching system on my vu duo there is not "logs", only others services like: software update, set up, autoresolution, temperature and fan, factory reset, but not "logs"

dsayers
09-05-22, 15:50
In system menu check Customise and check setup mode is on Expert

miguel57
09-05-22, 15:53
In system menu check Customise and check setup mode is on Expert

It is on expert

adm
09-05-22, 15:53
In media/hdd there are not any logs and after reaching system on my vu duo there is not "logs", only others services like: software update, set up, autoresolution, temperature and fan, factory reset, but not "logs"

You need to set "expert" mode

Menu/setup/system/customise/setup mode = expert and press green to save

This will give you the logs menu (plus a few more menu options elswhere)

miguel57
09-05-22, 15:58
You need to set "expert" mode

Menu/setup/system/customise/setup mode = expert and press green to save

This will give you the logs menu (plus a few more menu options elswhere)

It is on expert but i can not see "logs" anywhere

twol
09-05-22, 16:55
It is on expert but i can not see "logs" anywhere

Not sure which language you are using ? If you let me know I will have a look at the translation

miguel57
09-05-22, 16:59
Not sure which language you are using ? If you let me know I will have a look at the translation

Spanish is my language

Huevos
09-05-22, 17:44
First enable expert mode.

Next enable logs in the system menu.

miguel57
09-05-22, 18:12
First enable expert mode.

Next enable logs in the system menu.

i have expert on my customiize settings, but there is not "logs" in the system menu

twol
09-05-22, 19:25
Spanish is my language

So logs —-> Historiales

miguel57
09-05-22, 20:25
So logs —-> Historiales
openvix
There it is¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡. I changed to yes on enable debug logs and restart openvix. After that what more do i have to do?

Huevos
09-05-22, 20:34
Collect the logs from the folder you configured.

miguel57
09-05-22, 21:18
Collect the logs from the folder you configured.

After doing all that i have charged my backup going to vix image manager and again after showing the two bars of flashing the reciver show the green logo with the cube and stop there. I switch it off from mains but again the same, so i have to reflash the openvix 6 through usb. So in media/hdd there is nothing

Huevos
10-05-22, 12:45
Try doing a USB flash.

miguel57
10-05-22, 15:50
Try doing a USB flash.

Now the situation is worse. I did it with thwe usb and the same problem, so i have to switch off the devize and flash again the vu duo and i do not why i can not flash my vu duo it show the green logo of vu all the time.

miguel57
10-05-22, 18:15
Now the situation is worse. I did it with thwe usb and the same problem, so i have to switch off the devize and flash again the vu duo and i do not why i can not flash my vu duo it show the green logo of vu all the time.

finally i managed to charge through usb the opnevix VI and i found on my HDD a debug that i have tried to put here but i read the following message "The text that you have entered is too long (101722 characters). Please shorten it to 22000 characters long". How can i send to tou this debug?.

twol
10-05-22, 21:16
finally i managed to charge through usb the opnevix VI and i found on my HDD a debug that i have tried to put here but i read the following message "The text that you have entered is too long (101722 characters). Please shorten it to 22000 characters long". How can i send to tou this debug?.
Send it as an attachment… go advanced (see bottom right) andthen you can add attachments under additional options… manage attachments

miguel57
11-05-22, 06:01
Send it as an attachment… go advanced (see bottom right) andthen you can add attachments under additional options… manage attachments

i have 2 debugs6385063851.

Huevos
11-05-22, 08:00
What am I looking at? This is a log of running CrossEPG 6 weeks ago.

miguel57
11-05-22, 08:02
What am I looking at? This is a log of running CrossEPG 6 weeks ago.

Those are the only reports that i have on my HDD.

Joe_90
11-05-22, 11:49
Those are the only reports that i have on my HDD.

The debug logs are in /home/logs/ by default, unless you changed the location when you set up debugging in the menu.

miguel57
11-05-22, 12:29
The debug logs are in /home/logs/ by default, unless you changed the location when you set up debugging in the menu.

That is right. So i collected the debug from home/logs, and i had, i do not know why, two "debugs" on my HDD, related to EPG. The problem is that when the vu duo2 collapse i have to reflash it again through usb, so there is not any debug report about the problem, because the receiver is starting again from zero. So, ¿How can i solve the problem?. Is like a snake biting its own tail (La pescadilla que se muerde la cola).

Joe_90
11-05-22, 13:22
@twol suggested that you change the debug log location to hdd so that there would be a debug log available if you had to re-flash subsequently. So, once you manage to flash the box, go into debug log settings and change it to hdd and then reboot so that subsequent logs are on disk.

miguel57
11-05-22, 16:16
@twol suggested that you change the debug log location to hdd so that there would be a debug log available if you had to re-flash subsequently. So, once you manage to flash the box, go into debug log settings and change it to hdd and then reboot so that subsequent logs are on disk.

I did it following your advice and i have several debugs,some of them repeated. Hee it goes...............

Joe_90
11-05-22, 20:56
I did it following your advice and i have several debugs,some of them repeated. Hee it goes...............

Em - I am a bit confused. It looks like you are restoring an old image
< 193.5465> [Console] command: /usr/bin/ofgwrite -r -k '/media/hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/duo2' after you have installed the 6.1.004 version?
Maybe just flash the latest version and do not restore anything. Just do some basic setups and perhaps then try to restore a backup (not an image).

miguel57
11-05-22, 21:10
Em - I am a bit confused. It looks like you are restoring an old image
< 193.5465> [Console] command: /usr/bin/ofgwrite -r -k '/media/hdd/imagebackups/imagerestore/vuplus/duo2' after you have installed the 6.1.004 version?
Maybe just flash the latest version and do not restore anything. Just do some basic setups and perhaps then try to restore a backup (not an image).

I have restored 6.1.004. So i understand that you suggest to flash again 6.1.004, make a new backup and restore it?

Joe_90
11-05-22, 22:22
I have restored 6.1.004. So i understand that you suggest to flash again 6.1.004, make a new backup and restore it?

No - it looks like you are overwriting the install with an old image (not a backup). Backups are just settings and possibly plugin restores. What you seem to be doing is a full image restore using ofgwrite. Flash 6.1.004 and do a manual setup and see how you get on.

miguel57
12-05-22, 06:03
What i do is firstly is to flash through usb the openvix 6, then my vu duo ask me about restore settings and plugins that i have in my HDD. I have to say that the backup i have is from the old openvix 5 and that all these problems have apperead after the installation of the new openvix 6, before openvix 6, i mean two weeks ago with openvix 5 i do not have any problem at all doing whatever i did, so i suposse something does not match betwenn openvix 5 and 6. Now you suggest to flash openvix 6 and manually set my 5 dishes on it and all other plugins i have. A very hard job

twol
12-05-22, 07:43
What i do is firstly is to flash through usb the openvix 6, then my vu duo ask me about restore settings and plugins that i have in my HDD. I have to say that the backup i have is from the old openvix 5 and that all these problems have apperead after the installation of the new openvix 6, before openvix 6, i mean two weeks ago with openvix 5 i do not have any problem at all doing whatever i did, so i suposse something does not match betwenn openvix 5 and 6. Now you suggest to flash openvix 6 and manually set my 5 dishes on it and all other plugins i have. A very hard job
After a clean install, you can extract your sat dish settings from the settings backup and then restore them in the /etc/enigma2/settings file … not that complex and just a cut and paste is needed.

miguel57
12-05-22, 10:02
After a clean install, you can extract your sat dish settings from the settings backup and then restore them in the /etc/enigma2/settings file … not that complex and just a cut and paste is needed.

I will try this afternoon, but is there a "settings" file in etc/enigma2 or does it have another name?

twol
12-05-22, 13:29
I will try this afternoon, but is there a "settings" file in etc/enigma2 or does it have another name?

Its called settings

miguel57
12-05-22, 18:49
Its called settings

I did it but i can not ftp to openvix using dcc and name: root and password openvix it said enigma2 not detected functionality limited

twol
12-05-22, 19:11
I did it but i can not ftp to openvix using dcc and name: root and password openvix it said enigma2 not detected functionality limited

There were issues with DCC.
You can set password if you haven’t already via a telnet session e.g. via putty. login root then enter passwd (it is passwd!) and enter password 2x
Then you just use filezilla, login root and your password

miguel57
13-05-22, 05:40
After doing everything the problem remains the same. I backup the new image and when i tried tor reinstall through image manager apears the new logo once and again without installing anything.

Huevos
13-05-22, 07:19
Haz una foto de este logo que ves.

Intenta encargar OpenViX con un pincho USB.

miguel57
13-05-22, 07:47
Siempre cargo openvix con un pincho usb y el logo es el nuevo logo gris de openvix 6. Ademas ayer meti manualmente CCCam 2.3.0 y CCcam.config con mi proveedor que en el openvix 5 me salia conectado cuando chequeaaba con el boton verde y ahora con esta openvix me dice cuando chequeo su estado que no puede conectar, otro problema mas que antes no tenia. Por cierto ¿estas per Xixona?.

Huevos
13-05-22, 08:49
Xixona, no, ja ja.

miguel57
13-05-22, 09:13
Xixona, no, ja ja.

No pudiendo cargar a traves del image manager me pregunto sino sera un problema del HDD donde se aloja la imagen, aunque también formatee el hdd Y CONTINUA EL PROBLEMA.

Not being able to load through the image manager I wonder if it will be a problem of the HDD where the image is stored, although I also formatted the hdd AND THE PROBLEM CONTINUES

Yesterday I manually entered CCCam 2.3.0 and CCcam.config with my provider, which in openvix 5 came out connected when I checked with the green button and now With this openvix it tells me when I check its status that it cannot connect, another problem that it did not have before. CCcam worked perfectly on openvix 5 but does not work on openvix 6.

Huevos
13-05-22, 09:37
Disconnect the HDD and reload the image.

miguel57
13-05-22, 09:49
Disconnect the HDD and reload the image.

HOW CAN I DISCONNECT THE hdd, IF IT IS INSIDE MY RECEIVER?. iS IT POSSIBLE TO INSTALL THE BACKUP IMAGE IN THE USB AND THEN CHARGE IT FROM THE USB AND NOT FROM THE hdd?

Huevos
13-05-22, 14:09
Quita los tornillos de la caja. Levanta la tapa. Desenchufar el cable del HDD.

miguel57
13-05-22, 15:09
Quita los tornillos de la caja. Levanta la tapa. Desenchufar el cable del HDD.

He intentado cargarle otra vel opnvix 6 con un pincho y se ha vuelto a bloquear para cargarlo en el flash. Ya es el tercer usb que me cargo en una semana intentando cargarla en el flash. Ahora debo de comprar otro usb de 8gb, colocar la openvix 6 y flashear, porque con los otros tres se bloquea. Empiezo a pensar si tiene algún virus y no tengo ni idea de como podría limpiarla totalmente.