PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] Getting same amount of dropped frames in both dishes on 28.2E on ITV past few days - how do I realign my dish?

SkyFan
26-04-22, 11:01
On 22nd and 25th April I got dropped frames on Coronation Street or Emmerdale. I have 2 dishes, each connected to a different box as I use one for a backup in case 1 dish is knocked out of alignment. But they are both giving the same amount of dropped frames in the same locations in the videos. Is this a problem in the broadcasts or an alignment issue on my dishes?

Can anyone please give me an easy way to align the dishes myself rather than pay someone to do it? Thanks

ccs
26-04-22, 11:46
I thought you'd had the dish alignment checked recently....

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65032-Lots-of-dropped-frames-on-BOTH-dishes-even-though-both-are-perfectly-aligned&highlight=check+dish+alignment

SkyFan
26-04-22, 11:50
Yes I did but time has passed since then and maybe the wind or a bird flew into the dish or something to knock it out of alignment. Anyone had dropped frames on ITV since Apr 22?

Is there a guide you could point to for re-aligning a dish?

Huevos
26-04-22, 15:12
Well if 2 dishes drop signal at the same time that is either a problem between you and the broadcaster or local interference.

SkyFan
26-04-22, 15:16
I'm getting a satellite installer to do some unrelated work tomorrow. He'll check the alignment of the dishes as well while he's here so I'll know for sure then.
It's less than 100 dropped frames in 3 hours of ITV

Ev0
26-04-22, 18:21
What boxes are you using, and have to checked they are set to the correct resolution (25/50fps for uk), rather than being set to 30/60fps.

SkyFan
26-04-22, 18:33
What boxes are you using, and have to checked they are set to the correct resolution (25/50fps for uk), rather than being set to 30/60fps.

That's not relevant mate. Changing the resolution has no effect on how the broadcasts are recorded to your box. I don't even watch stuff on my box. I simply save a video in VideoRedo and once a video is saved it will tell you how many frames were dropped.
It's either a misaligned dish or a broadcasting issue that's causing the dropped frames.

adm
26-04-22, 20:14
That's not relevant mate. Changing the resolution has no effect on how the broadcasts are recorded to your box. I don't even watch stuff on my box. I simply save a video in VideoRedo and once a video is saved it will tell you how many frames were dropped.
It's either a misaligned dish or a broadcasting issue that's causing the dropped frames.

Doesn't that just tell you how many frames that VideoRedo has dropped and not what was missing from the broadcast data?

Are the missing frames seen when viewing the recording on your box without the additional processing via an additional utility?

Plus, broadcast is in not in sequential full frames (fields) like the good old days. Every so often a full reference frame is broadcast and then only picture difference information - the reason that shopping channels can be be broadcast with low data rates - the studio background hardly changes.

SkyFan
26-04-22, 20:29
There's no processing. VideoRedo remuxes when saving a video instead of re-encoding it - it only takes about 30 secs or less to save a video. When I download a video off my box onto my PC via FTP, when playing the video back on my PC I can go to the timeframe of the dropped frames (which I get from the log in VideoRedo by searching for "sync" or "removed") and I can see the video skip ahead about 1 sec or so because that second of footage is missing. I seriously doubt the missing sec would be missing on my PC but not on the box when viewing it on the box.