PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Backup Manager not backing up installed plugin list

Willo3092
02-04-22, 11:55
Not sure if this is a bug or how it's always been and I've never noticed :confused:

Download and flash ViX 6.1.003

Restore settings and plugins from ViX 6.0

After restart create a new settings backup

New backup > tmp > ExtraInstalledPlugins does not include the restored plugins, just 'run-postinsts'

As a workaround I have just copied ExtraInstalledPlugins from my old backup to the new backup.

ccs
02-04-22, 12:21
I've just tried exactly the same, and ExtraInstalledPlugins has all the plugin details.

Did your settings/plugins restore actually bring in the plugins?

tappari
02-04-22, 12:42
After making couch-flash with 6.1 003 to Duo4K SE and Ultimo4K both wanted to make backups to Synology DiskStation NAS.
So better check the address which normally is /hdd.

ccs
02-04-22, 12:44
After making couch-flash with 6.1 003 to Duo4K SE and Ultimo4K both wanted to make backups to Synology DiskStation NAS.
So better check the address which normally is /hdd.

That's an issue which has been fixed in the next release.

Willo3092
02-04-22, 13:02
I've just tried exactly the same, and ExtraInstalledPlugins has all the plugin details.
Did your settings/plugins restore actually bring in the plugins?

Yes, everything installed fine from my 6.0 backup.

I've just tried a Zgemma H9 twin and that DOES backup as expected.
Tried my ET8500 again and it doesn't :confused:
Might be just one of those things, it's not a biggie. I'll try it on a couple of my other boxes.

I updated them all this morning using exactly the same procedure.

ccs
02-04-22, 13:24
.... my ET10K is ok.

twol
02-04-22, 13:32
Not sure if this is a bug or how it's always been and I've never noticed :confused:

Download and flash ViX 6.1.003

Restore settings and plugins from ViX 6.0

After restart create a new settings backup

New backup > tmp > ExtraInstalledPlugins does not include the restored plugins, just 'run-postinsts'

As a workaround I have just copied ExtraInstalledPlugins from my old backup to the new backup.
so when in BackupManager ... press menu, press yellow button (select files) whats in there??? and same for blue button(select ipk)

Willo3092
02-04-22, 13:32
All my other boxes are backing up as expected so just the ET8500 not behaving.
I'll set it up from scratch on the second partition when I get a minute :thumbsup:

Willo3092
02-04-22, 13:37
so when in BackupManager ... press menu, press yellow button (select files) whats in there??? and same for blue button(select ipk)

Everything is ticked that I wanted ticked. I don't think the plugin restore is managed from here is it? They're all listed in ExtraInstalledPlugins usually.

config.backupmanager.backupdirs=['/etc/CCcam.cfg', '/etc/auto.network', '/etc/cron.daily', '/etc/cron.hourly/', '/etc/cron/', '/etc/enigma2/', '/etc/epgimport/', '/etc/fstab', '/etc/hostname', '/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh', '/etc/network/interfaces', '/etc/opkg/willobuild-py3-feed.conf', '/etc/passwd', '/etc/rc.local', '/etc/resolv.conf', '/etc/samba/private', '/etc/samba/smb-user.conf', '/etc/shadow', '/etc/tuxbox/config/', '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf', '/usr/keys', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/favourites.xml', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/About.py', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelectionBase.py', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/EpgSelectionMulti.py', '/usr/lib/enigma2/python/version', '/usr/script', '/usr/scripts-wb/', '/usr/share/enigma2/spinner/', '/usr/softcams/', '/usr/willoscripts/']