PDA

View Full Version : zgemma h9twin - wake on lan front display/leds

Szelest
31-03-22, 13:11
is there a way to disable all the leds/front display, when the box is in deep standby with wake on lan enabled (preferably even the ethernet port leds)?

twol
31-03-22, 14:38
menu/setup/user interface/front panel display .....gives you some options, suggest you play with them and see if they meet your requirements.
Unfortunately many are on/off only ... e.g. wol......... and you need that to wake from deep standby
You can turn off the display completely... but means you have to do that each night.

Szelest
31-03-22, 15:01
the default options just dont work when i have wol enabled, thats why im asking, i dont qite understand why these 2 functions are bound to be enabled/disabled together

twol
31-03-22, 16:52
the default options just dont work when i have wol enabled, thats why im asking, i dont qite understand why these 2 functions are bound to be enabled/disabled together
Which image and release are you using??
WOL & other stb options (such as Led & display) are not connected , they are different fields & values in the boxes Proc.
I have a h9Combo which uses same image as the twin and I have just tested changing the led/display options and turning the wol off/on ..the wol setting makes no difference - you can turn display on/off, change the brightness level, dim, and enable/disable leds

When you change settings you can see the change immediately … but you then have to save the change(s)

Szelest
31-03-22, 21:17
what i meant is, when i turn off wol, and go to deep standby, theres no green led on the front and no clock, but when i turn on wol, and go to deep standby, theres green led and clock, ane the only way to disable the clock (and only clock, green led stays always on), is to disable the clock completly whether the box is on or off

and im using the newest vix release, just freshly installed, which is very nice, only the clock bothers me, id like to have it when the box is on, but not when its off :(
and id like it off cuz when its time to go to sleep, this thing is so bright, it feels like power of the sun shining on my face, but i guess ill just turn it off completly, and learn to not use it anymore

twol
01-04-22, 10:23
OK, understand.
Turning off deepstandby led does work, but issue is clock........ and dimming doesn't work very well on this box either.
Will have a think!

ccs
01-04-22, 10:30
WOL is not my thing, but doesn't the network card need power to react? So switching on WOL will use "nearly" deep standby ?

twol
01-04-22, 14:56
@Szelest ... so added ability to run a script before entering standby (but will be in next release... not the one currently being built)
Will mean that you can disable/enable the display/leds as you enter/leave deep standby - will post scripts when feature available.
... my wife will also appreciate this feature :)

Szelest
06-04-22, 20:52
wow this is great, thanks, i cant wait for next release, already got 2 functions im waiting for

twol
06-04-22, 21:10
wow this is great, thanks, i cant wait for next release, already got 2 functions im waiting for

When the next release comes out (could be a while build issues) then remind me as otherwise will forget perhaps!

Szelest
25-04-22, 14:46
When the next release comes out (could be a while build issues) then remind me as otherwise will forget perhaps!

im not sure when the next release comes out, but im reminding u, just in case its soon? :P

twol
26-04-22, 08:20
im not sure when the next release comes out, but im reminding u, just in case its soon? :P

had forgotten!
so unzip the attached file and copy the 2 attachments into /etc/enigma2 and your h9twin should enable and disable the LED at startup & shutdown