PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] How to access storage and initialise HDD - VER 5.0146

bmitie
20-03-22, 20:58
How do I access the storage option to check hdd is set up but its for Ver 5.0146 and I have ver 6, this is for a friend.

Keeks
20-03-22, 21:51
I have the same isseu with teh same version

No Option for Storage in Setup menu. I am sure it was there at some stage, but I updated to this version via the update manager.

adm
20-03-22, 22:23
I have the same isseu with teh same version

No Option for Storage in Setup menu. I am sure it was there at some stage, but I updated to this version via the update manager.

Try rebooting the box

ccs
20-03-22, 22:24
How do I access the storage option to check hdd is set up but its for Ver 5.0146 and I have ver 6, this is for a friend.

You've mentioned 2 ViX versions, neither of which make sense.

If you mean 5.4.016, then the official ViX release hasn't changed....

Keeks
20-03-22, 23:18
Try rebooting the boxYep....tried that

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

twol
21-03-22, 07:41
Haven,t looked at code, but assume if not there, its not recognising the disk ….. what is it? Internal, external ?
Try attaching a usb stick and see if thats picked up

Keeks
21-03-22, 13:00
Tried a usb stick and it is still the same

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

bmitie
21-03-22, 15:04
You need to start from scratch and get the correct version of VIx on box, so this is what you do. 1. Download the latest vix image that says recovery and its a bigger file than the usual and as title says you want to recover box. 2. Have a usb formatted to fat 32, unzip file to usb, put in box at rear. 3. As you power box on at rear hold the in the small button at front under card reader flap ... and wait and wait until FLSH appears on display, release button at front and wait.... 4. Now follow the onscreen prompts and don't restore any settings. 5. Set up tuners as 28east, set dtt as your area. Dont dowload anything.

If unsure just post back as I have a h7s in front of me so can guide you.

When finished you will have box as good as new and then you can sort, epg, bouquets and a nice skin.

Keeks
21-03-22, 17:22
Ok...so tried again and got the USB to be recognised.
So issue is with HDD

I am using a SDD on a Zgemma with a slot of teh rear, but for some reason it doesn't like it. I have an ext HDD on a USB spare so will use that to get it setup and configured for now until I figure out why it doesn't like the SDD

twol
21-03-22, 18:53
Ok...so tried again and got the USB to be recognised.
So issue is with HDD

I am using a SDD on a Zgemma with a slot of teh rear, but for some reason it doesn't like it. I have an ext HDD on a USB spare so will use that to get it setup and configured for now until I figure out why it doesn't like the SDD
Powered ssd? If not then insufficient power from usb port to keep the ssd up
Endless posts, where people have issues on usb port because insufficient power …… must be powered device

ronand
21-03-22, 18:59
Some H7 boxes have a slot in the back that will take a slim hard drive. Its probably worthwhile opening it up and checking that the two cables are connected and that the ssd is actually plugged in properly.

bmitie
21-03-22, 23:45
I would think the best option is to flash the latest version of Vix instead of messing with an old one.