PDA

View Full Version : VU+Solo2 drivers

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
15-03-22, 17:24
I really need all the available drivers and the bootloader for Vu+solo2. I sincerely appreciate if anybody can help me to find a working download link

ccs
15-03-22, 17:29
The latest drivers come as part of the image when it's built, there are bootloaders on this site, but not for the Vu+ Solo2.

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/vu-plus-images/vu-solo-2/

https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/bootloaders/

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
15-03-22, 18:50
The driver I am asking is for Open PLI v-4

ccs
15-03-22, 19:37

Better check their forum then..

Huevos
16-03-22, 21:55
No idea what you mean by this. Drivers come from the manufacturer, not OpenPLi.

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
17-03-22, 17:19
My 8 years old original Vu+solo2 receiver is freezing at starting. When I turn it on, I get the message starting on the receiver screen and nothing on tv. I tired and flashed it a couple time and it looks it flashed and receiver restarted but still says starting. I read on the forum that if I reinstall the bootloader, it may be fixed so, I thought there maybe some messed up drivers or bootloader but it seems I was wrong. I am using Open pli ver:4 so I appreciate any advise.

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
17-03-22, 17:22
P.S, if drivers come from manufacturer, is there anyway we could get them.i mean if fir example the main bios chip is messed up, is there anyway that we can reprogram it I hope I am making sense.

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
17-03-22, 17:26
One more question, is openvix program reliable and/or better than Open pli since I never had any problem with open pli

twol
17-03-22, 18:39
One more question, is openvix program reliable and/or better than Open pli since I never had any problem with open pli

There are obvious differences between OpenPli & OpenViX however, we do try to keep in step with core changes in OpenPli. The current OpenViX python3 images are pretty reliable, whilst OpenPli are still trying to go through that conversion and handle the pitfalls........ but like all things different users like different images, often for the simplest things, which is why you flash using our online tools, you have the choice of selecting images from OpenViX, Openbh, OpenPli and OpenATV

twol
17-03-22, 18:40
P.S, if drivers come from manufacturer, is there anyway we could get them.i mean if fir example the main bios chip is messed up, is there anyway that we can reprogram it I hope I am making sense.
In the current environment, getting anything out of Vu+ (in my view) is unlikely

ronand
17-03-22, 18:48
That box is behaving like a clone receiver. Try a "clone-safe" image (found elsewhere on the web - dont ask here). If it works with that then you know your problem.

Huevos
18-03-22, 01:00
That box is behaving like a clone receiver. Try a "clone-safe" image (found elsewhere on the web - dont ask here). If it works with that then you know your problem.

Was there a clone solo2?

ronand
18-03-22, 08:41
Loads of them

Ev0
18-03-22, 10:09
Was there a clone solo2?

Several versions, and iirc it got to the point where clone manufactures started to brick the boxes of other clone manufacturers, so you can't use 1 clone image on another clone box.

There were also Duo2 clones, but they actually cost more than the genuine Duo2's did, so not many of them around.

cactikid
18-03-22, 12:03
I remember that video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlD2WvlNftk

nekrub2
19-03-22, 15:00
I have been using Openvix on my vu+solo2 from the very beginning. I am very convinced that this team makes an excellent job. The basic image is perfect. Here and there I had problems with missing modifications on the plugins. Sometimes there were plugins available for download which were not / no more properly maintained.

On the other hand you open a field of opportunities whith these plugins. Even if you can read me grumble here and there in this forum I would not like to give up Openvix.

nekrub2

Huevos
19-03-22, 19:44
Sometimes there were plugins available for download which were not / no more properly maintained. But that is not the fault of OpenViX. Plugins are the responsibility of their respective owners.

If someone adds a plugin in oe-alliance that automatically ends up in our feeds (and all the other distros).

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
20-03-22, 23:42
Don't you think we didn't have clone type Vu+ receiver 8 years ago?

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
23-03-22, 15:16
The reason I think my receiver is not clone is because before this freezing happen, I always were able to Install all of the images without any problem. By the way can I ask how I can recognize a Vu+solo2 original from a clone?

ccs
23-03-22, 15:45
By the way can I ask how I can recognize a Vu+solo2 original from a clone?

Try post #15.

Tonysakai22@yahoo.com
03-04-22, 17:05
Dear ccs, would you please direct me to post#15.i tried everything but it seems I am confused .

ccs
03-04-22, 17:07
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?65107-VU-Solo2-drivers&p=523395&viewfull=1#post523395