PDA

View Full Version : AX HD61 CI slots Issue

TorukoJin
14-03-22, 10:36
Hi Guys,

I have two Common Interface cards. I have a paid Subscriptions for both Canal Digitaal and for TV Vlaanderen. (Love watching Dutch and Flemish (Belgium) TV to help me learn Dutch) :)

For some reason i can't run both CI cards in both slots at the same time to receive channels from both services.

If i put the Canal Digitaal one in on the first slot, yes, i can receive the channels from that service. But if i put the TV Vlaanderen one in on the second slot, i'm not able to receive channels on either service. (Vice versa does the same)

I think some kind of conflict is happening on the CI side of things but i looked through the settings on the box, including CI settings, tried everything and can't seem to fix the problem.

My previous receiver was a Technomate which had 2 CI Slots and i had no issues with having those two CI cards in the slots at the same time.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Call me Miles.

twol
14-03-22, 11:17
Hi Guys,

I have two Common Interface cards. I have a paid Subscriptions for both Canal Digitaal and for TV Vlaanderen. (Love watching Dutch and Flemish (Belgium) TV to help me learn Dutch) :)

For some reason i can't run both CI cards in both slots at the same time to receive channels from both services.

If i put the Canal Digitaal one in on the first slot, yes, i can receive the channels from that service. But if i put the TV Vlaanderen one in on the second slot, i'm not able to receive channels on either service. (Vice versa does the same)

I think some kind of conflict is happening on the CI side of things but i looked through the settings on the box, including CI settings, tried everything and can't seem to fix the problem.

My previous receiver was a Technomate which had 2 CI Slots and i had no issues with having those two CI cards in the slots at the same time.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Call me Miles.
my CI knowledge is minimal, but I am assuming they are both using Viaccess and this seems to have been a long term issue on all the images, something to do with using same CAID 0500 for Viaccess ??

TorukoJin
14-03-22, 15:21
my CI knowledge is minimal, but I am assuming they are both using Viaccess and this seems to have been a long term issue on all the images, something to do with using same CAID 0500 for Viaccess ??

Hi There,

The channels by the M7 Group on 23.5E is encrypted using Mediaguard, Nagravision, Viaccess. According to Lyngsat.

Yeah so it's a shame your CI knowleadge is limited, i hope someone else on this forum can help.

twol
14-03-22, 15:32
Hi There,

The channels by the M7 Group on 23.5E is encrypted using Mediaguard, Nagravision, Viaccess. According to Lyngsat.

Yeah so it's a shame your CI knowleadge is limited, i hope someone else on this forum can help.
Yep, both are using the same encryption and that appears to be the issue.

TorukoJin
14-03-22, 15:56
Yep, both are using the same encryption and that appears to be the issue.

Well it's normal. That's how they operate.

The issue is with the AX HD63 box. It's not handleing both CI Cards at the same time which is quite frsutarting for me.

twol
14-03-22, 16:05
Well it's normal. That's how they operate.

The issue is with the AX HD63 box. It's not handleing both CI Cards at the same time which is quite frsutarting for me.

Unless this works on another enigma2 receiver, its an issue with Enigma2 and the fact that both cards are using the same encoding and using the same CAID 0500, so they cannot be seen as different cards by the software

TorukoJin
22-03-22, 10:29
Unless this works on another enigma2 receiver, its an issue with Enigma2 and the fact that both cards are using the same encoding and using the same CAID 0500, so they cannot be seen as different cards by the software

Ok, both services i mentioned are 0100 CAID. do you suggest me upgrading Enigma2 to the newest version (7.0)? would that solve the problem?

twol
22-03-22, 15:43
Ok, both services i mentioned are 0100 CAID. do you suggest me upgrading Enigma2 to the newest version (7.0)? would that solve the problem?

As always better to upgrade, but unfortunately from other reports, I believe its an issue with the cards using the same CAID, but maybe people that actually use these cards will have an answer..

I guess a quick fix (?) would be to buy a cheap zgemma, to run one card service and then pull those services into the HD61 (which is a really nice receiver) - once the bouquets are setup (and some cabling change) you will not notice much (if any) difference from just the single receiver.

TorukoJin
18-05-22, 12:33
Ok i called the World of Satellite store today regarding this. I hope the technicial guy sees this and might be able to help?