PDA

View Full Version : HDMI-CEC no longer works

mitchelln
13-03-22, 13:05
Hi.
I upgraded my VU+ DUO 4K SE from V5 to the latest build of V6 yesterday. I have to say that the upgrade and restore was very slick. Well done!
I have hit one issue though. The HDMI-CEC Forward Volume Keys function no longer works with my Sony Bravia 4K TV. I've tried disabling and re-enabling it and also rebooting both the receiver and TV, but with no luck.
Is this a bug?
Thanks!

twol
13-03-22, 14:39
so to be absolutely sure which level you are on, can you do following:-
1. check to see in in hdmicec setup (menu/setup/HDMI-CEC) whether you have force volume keys if not do 2) below else 3)

putty .. login root & your password.
enter init 4 (space between)

filezilla...
unzip setup.xml.zip & copy setup.xml ---> /usr/share/enigma2
copy hdmicec.py ----> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
copy usageconfig.py ---> /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components

putty---> enter init 6 (space between)

in hdmicec setup (menu/setup/HDMI-CEC) enable force volume keys

long press power button on remote ----> reboot

if this doesn't work then enable debug logs (menu/setup/system/logs/settings---> enable and save on hdd or usb not flash) ..... and post here

mitchelln
13-03-22, 16:54
Thanks for replying.

Yes, the Forward Volume Keys option is available, it's just no longer working.
I've enabled debug logging and operated the volume keys and turned the option on and off.
However, I can't ftp in any more. It won't take the credentials. I've tried changing the password from Network settings menu and restarting the ftp service, but it won't let me in.

twol
13-03-22, 17:22
Thanks for replying.

Yes, the Forward Volume Keys option is available, it's just no longer working.
I've enabled debug logging and operated the volume keys and turned the option on and off.
However, I can't ftp in any more. It won't take the credentials. I've tried changing the password from Network settings menu and restarting the ftp service, but it won't let me in.
I said check that FORCE volume keys is in setup … not Forward volume keys(which is the normal setting used)… both settings should be present

ref ftp… try logging in with putty using root and the password… if it doesn,t ask for password enter passwd ( note spelling) and new password
if it accepts root & password to login, I would still reset password ( using passwd)
….. if putty works then you should be able to ftp without any issues

mitchelln
13-03-22, 17:35
Ah, the force option is not present.

I can't get ssh or ftp to connect though. Getting no route to host error with putty. I can ping the receiver's IP though.
Ftp won't take the credentials. It prompts for username and password, but won't accept root and the password I've set.

Sorry to be a pain...

twol
13-03-22, 17:49
Try menu/setup/system/factory reset…….> green button, confirm
restore from previous (old) backup.
don,t use network to set password, use putty as above.
See if that works

mitchelln
13-03-22, 18:57
Right, that's sorted it all! Volume working again.

Thanks very much for all your help :)

twol
13-03-22, 19:37
Right, that's sorted it all! Volume working again.

Thanks very much for all your help :)

So password works, hdmi-cec works?

mitchelln
14-03-22, 10:41
Yes, it all now works :) I got access back into the box and then followed your instructions to add the extra config item. TV volume control then started working again