PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Restoring Plugins - Can't Recall Process

CRMS
06-03-22, 15:24
I'm trying to flash 6.0.008 to update 5.4.016. I backed up the previous image and the system did it again. 6.0.008 was downloaded over the network.
But plugins weren't reinstalled and I had a message about connecting network to reinstall plugins. Network is reinstated but no plugins reinstalled.
I also don't seem to get an option to flash with settings restore.
I've gone back to 5.4.016, and plugins all present.
Help??

ccs
06-03-22, 17:15
If you flash and restore settings without a network connection, you can restore plugins at a later time from menu/setup/vix/backup manager/yellow to restore backup selected.

abu baniaz
07-03-22, 15:54
Flashing is one process. Restoring settings is another process.

Unlike other images, the creation of settings restores is within Backup Manager, it is independent of flashing process. The creation of a settings backup is defaulted to on when you perform a Software Update or flash an image using Image manager.

On a new flashed Vix image, uou will be offered the restore option if it finds a settings backup on the storage device. The restoration of plugins is re-installing from plugin server and needs a configured network. Unless you have backed up ipk.

As above, once you set up network, you can manually apply the settings backup. That is done in Backup Manager, not Image Manager.