PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K SE] Autotimer does not stop recording

tappari
02-03-22, 15:16
This happened in two boxes at the same time. Vu+ Duo4K SE and Ultimo4K. When checking timers/info there was no stop of recording.
I had to fix recording with reconstructapsc plugin.

ccs
02-03-22, 15:36
Which recordings were they?

tappari
02-03-22, 16:04
Which recordings were they?

Historia: Muhammad Ali

adm
02-03-22, 16:52
Go to the completed timer and highlight it (it should say "done")

Press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the timer and what happened.

tappari
02-03-22, 17:57
Go to the completed timer and highlight it (it should say "done")

Press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the timer and what happened.

I don`t have it anymore, but when I pressed epg-button there was not stop recording notice.

ccs
02-03-22, 18:00
If you've got a settings backup from a few days ago, you could extract the file /etc/enigma2/timers.xml and see what it might have looked liked before the recording started.

tappari
02-03-22, 18:15
If you've got a settings backup from a few days ago, you could extract the file /etc/enigma2/timers.xml and see what it might have looked liked before the recording started.

Look at the last lines in logfile:
48426.1680> [RecordTimer] activating state 3 (Ended)
< 48426.1682> [RecordTimer] stop recording on tuner: B
< 48426.1682> [eDVBServiceRecord] stop recording!
< 48428.2716> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
What does this line mean: < 48428.2716> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
There clock stopped.

tappari
03-03-22, 07:16
This is how autotimer recording should look when pressing EPG-button in timers:63435
But in the failed recording two last lines was missing.

ccs
03-03-22, 11:40
As the last entry in the debug log is the spinner, it suggests the box had hung. Timer recordings will almost certainly continue despite the spinner.

Did both boxes need restarting?

Might be worth setting local time in the debug log settings in case it happens again.

tappari
03-03-22, 12:58
As the last entry in the debug log is the spinner, it suggests the box had hung. Timer recordings will almost certainly continue despite the spinner.

Might be worth setting local time in the debug log settings in case it happens again.

Of cource I made boot to both boxes as soon as I noticed both cloks stopped. Then those started rest of the timers ok. Next morning I had to start both again because boxes had blind display.

ccs
03-03-22, 13:01
Of cource I made boot to both boxes as soon as I noticed both cloks stopped. Then those started rest of timers ok. Next morning I had to start both because boxes had blind display.

That'll be why the autotimers overran, the boxes hung (at the same time, which is a bit of a coincidence).

tappari
03-03-22, 13:08

This I have done. Now it`s local time.

tappari
03-03-22, 13:16
That'll be why the autotimers overran, the boxes hung (at the same time, which is a bit of a coincidence).

Coincidence with two boxes at the same time? Are you kidding?

ccs
03-03-22, 14:49
Coincidence with two boxes at the same time? Are you kidding?

Not kidding, but post #1 had no mention of them hanging.

So what do both boxes do at exactly the same time when the spinner was activated?

Or what might have accessed these 2 boxes externally?

tappari
03-03-22, 16:06

So what do both boxes do at exactly the same time when the spinner was activated?

Enigma2_debug_2022-03-01_08-17-19.log

tappari
03-03-22, 16:24

Is it somehow for you difficult to understand that both Duo4K SE and Ulimo4K made same fault when doing autotimer recording?
I would like to know the reason.

ccs
03-03-22, 16:29
Is it somehow for you difficult to understand that both Duo4K SE and Ulimo4K made same fault when doing autotimer recording?
I would like to know the reason.

Ask somebody else, I'm done.

tappari
03-03-22, 16:41
Ask somebody else, I'm done.

So am I. I asked some person who might know.