PDA

View Full Version : Connect Solo 4K to another Receiver

rtuwey
02-03-22, 14:02
Is it possible to connect a second receiver through tunner B? I've tried the available settings but the signal seems not to reach the second receiver, including loop through.
I'm using the latest Openvix image.

Thanks

Trial
02-03-22, 14:14
Hi,
no. The Solo 4K does not have the possibility to pass the signal to a 2nd receiver.

Ralf

abu baniaz
02-03-22, 21:13
If the other box is an Enigma2 device, you can use configure it to use the tuner on Solo4K. They will communicate over the local network.

rtuwey
04-03-22, 06:12
The other box is not Enigma 2 but would wish to know how the configuration through a local network is done.
Thanks.

adm
04-03-22, 08:38
The other box is not Enigma 2 but would wish to know how the configuration through a local network is done.
Thanks.

You share the tuner facilities of your enigma2/openvix box connected to the satellite dish with a second enigma2/openvix box over your home network
https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/guides-and-tutorials/how-to-setup-and-use-openvix-client-mode/

Do an advanced search of the forum for client mode

abu baniaz
04-03-22, 08:42
On an Enigma2 receiver running OpenViX, in the tuner config, there is an option to use "Client mode". Once you enable this, you select the Host receiver either using IP address, avahi or host name. The other images have similar setups with minor variations.

There is also SatIP which I know nothing about which works in similar way but not restricted to E2.

ronand
04-03-22, 09:21
It should also be possible to use kodi on another device to access the tuner on the solo 4k.