PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] Box goes to recording mode for no reason

bmitie
27-02-22, 12:42
I'm trying to get a dodgy Zgemma H7S to run stable and this morning after another boot re boot it started but the rec icon was flashing but I have no timers set, no hdd installed and to cancel it I had to use the record button about 3 times.

Is this a bug or something that has happened with the image. If it was running unbeknown to me would it make box crash?

Image is bare bones ie all default with no add ons like skins or other plugins.

It has been running now for 2 hours!!

BrokenUnusableAccount
27-02-22, 12:45
In some configurations, the Record icon will be on while the box is receiving the EPG.

bmitie
27-02-22, 14:14
Uhhh that is a new one for me and very useful. And you have same box!! I have set epg in open to update every 24 hours and to onscreen icon. Box is dodgy and so far its been ok since 9.30 with bare bones set up. I have not worked with a setup like this ever before but if box stays on mate will be thrilled.

As an aside how do I get VIx to make box output native resolution so that it will display 2160 on a 1080 TV? In openatv I can set box to native.

ccs
27-02-22, 14:29
menu/setup/audio & video/settings

If you haven't got an hdd installed, the box will use flash memory for, say, epg.dat, and will probably crash when available memory gets too low.

Maybe enable debug logs and post the results here, hardly any clues at the moment.

bmitie
27-02-22, 15:32
I have usb configured for epg now and got debug running BUT box has been fine since 9.30. !! Here is zip of log I have forgotten how to upload it the other way!!

By the way I think box was set to run with epg in flash from day one.

When I go to video settings I take it I change to all resolutions but then my TV wont display. How do I make Vix do native then box should know what tv is.

adm
27-02-22, 17:34
I have usb configured for epg now and got debug running BUT box has been fine since 9.30. !! Here is zip of log I have forgotten how to upload it the other way!!

By the way I think box was set to run with epg in flash from day one.

When I go to video settings I take it I change to all resolutions but then my TV wont display. How do I make Vix do native then box should know what tv is.

Define native! The box doesn't know anything about your TV unless you tell it the pixel resolution. When in openatv setting "native" did it output 2160 did it just output the "native" SD and/or HD pixel resolution as broadcast.

In Video and Audio Settings try
Automatic resolution = disabled
Mode = 1080i
Refresh rate = 50Hz

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to get the box to output to a resolution of 2160 but then input it to a TV only capable of 1080? Or has your TV got a resolution of 2160 pixels?

birdman
28-02-22, 00:00
By the way I think box was set to run with epg in flash from day one.Seems likely, given that a bare box doesn't have anything else.

bmitie
28-02-22, 20:23
you can close this thread as well. i'm done