PDA

View Full Version : Save Series to custom location???

banie01
19-02-11, 15:44
Hi Folks,
Having a little issue trying to set autotimers to record to custom folders.
I have folders setup in hdd/media/movies/seriesname but when I try to enable record to this location I get an invalid location message.
Do I need to set the path to Hdd/media/seriesname ? Or hdd/seriesname?
I'm probably missing something simple here but any advice will be appreciated ;)
Oh and using PLI2.0 btw
Thanks
Bryan

irishchris
19-02-11, 16:40
I use media/hdd/SeriesName
Never tried with 2 subfolders but prob would work but would have to be media first then hdd (eg media/hdd/name1/name2)

banie01
19-02-11, 18:06
I use media/hdd/SeriesName
Never tried with 2 subfolders but prob would work but would have to be media first then hdd (eg media/hdd/name1/name2)

Thanks Chris ;-)

I keep getting an invalid location error though!
When I chose save to custom location it brings up submenu.
Do I press blue to delete hdd/media? And then add the new folder I created as destination? Or am I doing it arseways?
As when I try to move I get an invalid location message!

I just added SShots of what i mean.....If they are any help!
P.S any sign of your new skin yet? ;-)

irishchris
19-02-11, 19:41
sorry mate understand now. made an error above also should have said media/hdd/movie/series name.

but to sort out what you were asking mate, when in that menu you posted with boardwalk empire etc - press menu and switch to filelist and you will be able to scroll through and pick the series names then.

ps my skin is getting there but taking time as son has not been well so have not got any work done on it last week or so but not far off now {hopefully!}

banie01
19-02-11, 20:56
sorry mate understand now. made an error above also should have said media/hdd/movie/series name.

but to sort out what you were asking mate, when in that menu you posted with boardwalk empire etc - press menu and switch to filelist and you will be able to scroll through and pick the series names then.

ps my skin is getting there but taking time as son has not been well so have not got any work done on it last week or so but not far off now {hopefully!}

Thanks a million Chris, I knew it was something simple that I was missing :confused:
Hope your Son is feeling better soon, nothing worse than seeing them sick!