PDA

View Full Version : Octagon SF8008 new Images and dcc dream up programs

clive01
21-02-22, 22:00
Hi, ive been using the older version of openvix for years, i tried to update today to the newer images on this site, from the older version 5.

the image upgrade went fine, but after, i couldnt use dcc or dreamup, is this normal, or did i do something wrong, or get a bad flash, if i clicked on check the ip address on dreamup it showed the connection, but sending my own channels lists, it wouldnt send it, no matter how many times i tried, i couldnt even enter files in dcc.

If the new version of open vix dont work, what is a good program to use for sending channel lists and ftp files now, gone back to the older images, and all worked again, using dcc and dream up.

thanks

abu baniaz
21-02-22, 22:27
Did you add a password to the image? If not, that is the issue.

Those programs still work.

clive01
21-02-22, 22:36
hello yes, i did.

seems like the same problem as here

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?64869-FTP-password-problems

ccs
21-02-22, 22:44
Are you saying ftp won't start on the SF8008 ??

clive01
21-02-22, 22:52
hi, i couldnt send a channel list, or send files using dcc, so yes i dont think ftp starts.

I clicked on test ip connection, that worked fine, but then trying to send the files, no luck.

I added a password on the menu of the octagon 8008, but im not sure i rebooted afterwards, would that have made a difference?

ccs
21-02-22, 22:58
menu/setup/network/utilities/ftp will tell you if ftp is running.

clive01
21-02-22, 23:02
i can check that and report back, but itll be later tonight thanks

yes i can confirm password changed etc and i get this

https://ibb.co/jvDBhY5

connection failed when i try to send files via dcc

abu baniaz
21-02-22, 23:30
If reboot does not work, please also try setting the password by command line.

clive01
21-02-22, 23:37
looks like it wont let me change passwords either, no matter what i try, youll see the errors

https://ibb.co/ZLc3GCj

Ev0
22-02-22, 00:51
Did you use the recovery file to flash ?

If so, reflash with the image update only into the same slot and it should fix your issues.

clive01
22-02-22, 02:22
hi Ev0

please, explain what you mean, i flashed the octagon using a usb stick, i tried the last 2 images, no luck.

I replaced all the files on the stick, with the files in the zip in the image

thanks

twol
22-02-22, 09:00
hi Ev0

please, explain what you mean, i flashed the octagon using a usb stick, i tried the last 2 images, no luck.

thanks
1. I think evo was talking of flashing online(much simpler than usb) —-> blue button, select ViX plugin, select ImageManager, yellow button(download) , then blue button(flash)
On reboot you will asked if you want to restore settings from a backup
2. dcc e2 - having had to find a working version of these packages for another user, I would say from this experience its possibly an issue with this tool
install putty——-> connect using root and if you have a password, enter it.
Then type passwd and enter. You will be asked twice for confirmation

ccs
22-02-22, 10:39
i can check that and report back, but itll be later tonight thanks

yes i can confirm password changed etc and i get this

https://ibb.co/jvDBhY5

connection failed when i try to send files via dcc

The attachment shows that ftp has stopped on your box, so dcc/ftp will never connect.

FTP comes up and running as standard in ViX, I've no idea how it gets into the stopped state unless you stop it yourself.

I assume it doesn't start with the green button?

The thread you mentioned earlier was the same, but has stopped dead in its tracks with no reported solution from the OP.

clive01
22-02-22, 11:54
hi yes the green button wont start it up, i tried pressing it lots of times, no luck.

I couldnt change the password either, maybe it is related to a bug somehow.

Back on the older images for me, at the moment, i cant send files to the stb for oscam, or send my channel lists.

I hope the bug is found, and fixed, thanks to all,who replied.

Ev0
22-02-22, 11:57
hi Ev0

thanks

There are 2 files:

openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc.zip and openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_mmc.zip

Did you use the openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc.zip to flash the box (this is the one where you extract the zip file to the root of the usb), so it sounds like you did use this file ?

If so, you now need to use openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_mmc.zip to flash the same slot again (no need to extract the zip file), as there is a bug with the recovery files for these boxes.

clive01
22-02-22, 12:52
[QUOTE=Ev0;522786]There are 2 files:

openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc.zip and openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_mmc.zip

Did you use the openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_recovery_emmc.zip to flash the box (this is the one where you extract the zip file to the root of the usb), so it sounds like you did use this file ? yes i used this version

If so, you now need to use openvix-6.0.007.release-sf8008_mmc.zip to flash the same slot again (no need to extract the zip file), as there is a bug with the recovery files for these boxes.ill test it later, when i have time, and report back thanks

clive01
22-02-22, 16:20
thanks that fixed the problem, i can now connect via dcc etc

thanks

Ev0
22-02-22, 17:02
thanks that fixed the problem, i can now connect via dcc etc

thanks

:cool: No probs