PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo2] How to add IPTV EPG url

diceman01
19-02-22, 10:05
Hi im trying to find a solution with my epg setup with IPTV. ATM im using a 3rd party epg service that provides a xml file so I can add it to epg import. It works as intended but the epg provider is missing a lot of channels. I have a EPG xmltv url from my IPTV provider as they have more channel info and was wondering how can I add that to my EPG sources as I physically don't have a xml file?

dsayers
19-02-22, 10:13
There's Jedi epg xtream in download plugins that you can use to assign EPG.

Depending what your using to add IPTV an IPTV update may override them.

diceman01
19-02-22, 10:27
There's Jedi epg xtream in download plugins that you can use to assign EPG.

Depending what your using to add IPTV an IPTV update may override them.

Thank you so currently im uploading my m3u to the epg provider and then download the channel list and add it manually and seperate xml file for epg import. The IPTV provider uses a script to populate the channel list which I've only used once but without epg. So would the Jedi epg xtream plugin allow me to use the channel list populated by the script and the Jedi plugin for the epg using the epg xmltv url? I hope that makes sense what im trying to say.

twol
19-02-22, 10:42
Thank you so currently im uploading my m3u to the epg provider and then download the channel list and add it manually and seperate xml file for epg import. The IPTV provider uses a script to populate the channel list which I've only used once but without epg. So would the Jedi epg xtream plugin allow me to use the channel list populated by the script and the Jedi plugin for the epg using the epg xmltv url? I hope that makes sense what im trying to say.
Use Kiddac‘s follow on to Jedi, Xstreamity which provides a built in EPG by downloading directly from the provider.. so in Xstreamity you choose the type of service e.g.Entertainment and then for each stream (e.g. BBC1) you see the EPG for that stream

dsayers
19-02-22, 10:43
Try jedimakerxtream to create your bouquets. It's available in download plugins you may find epg maybe already linked.

Setup guide here

https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/129844-jedi-maker-xtream-iptv-bouquet-creator-main-thread/?pageNo=1

You can then use Jedi epg to fill in blank epg

https://www.linuxsat-support.com/thread/141140-jedi-epg-xtream/

diceman01
19-02-22, 12:27
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated ill reflash the box tomorrow after reading the guides and report back the outcome.

diceman01
19-02-22, 13:11
Sorry quick question as I started reading the guides without fully understanding I want to use IPTV with the provider epg using the OpenViX interface. So basically I want to it look seamless with my DVB-T tuner and IPTV as well like my current setup. I don't want to have a seperate plugin interface to watch my service.

dsayers
19-02-22, 13:30
Jedimakerxtream will add it to bouquets plus it will link epg for you to use the providers xmltv url in epg importer

diceman01
21-02-22, 07:54
UPDATE: I have followed the tutorial on using Jedi and I can't thank you guys enough for the replies, I can't believe I didn't know about this plugin earlier! so far perfect. It really has made the user experience so much better with the epg side of things and setting up the channel lists. Now the only thing I need to learn is how to get picons going for the IPTV channels.