PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H9S SE] SatIP Client - max tuners? 2? 4?

ant_thomas
06-02-22, 13:16
Using OpenVix on a Zgemma H9S SE.

I've got a 4xDVB-S2 tuner SatIP server that I want to use to provide DVB-S2 to the STB.
This works OK so far as I can add the server via the SatIP client setup and can watch TV via the SatIP server just fine.
Problem is, that only seems to provide a single tuner.
The SatIP client during setup can see that the server provides 4 tuners.

At most I feel like the SatIP client can maybe add 2 tuners?

Is it possible to be able to add and utilise all 4 tuners that the SatIP server provides?

Even if I can't do it via the UI, am I able to edit the vtuners.conf file to add/duplicate the lines as tuners 0-3?

I realise the STB in question only has 100mbit ethernet, but I want to be 100% sure this setup will work before I buy another box with gbit ethernet to use as the centre of my home TV/network setup.

cactikid
06-02-22, 17:34
I assume all tuners have cable feeds to them and for different feeds.

Yes you should be able to see others but depends.

Bouquets can list other channels on other sats.

Unsure if green button on remote gives you options to go to another sat / Saorview.

If you only have 1 tuner setup you cannot see others.

ant_thomas
06-02-22, 18:23
Thanks for the reply.

All 4 tuners on the SatIP server have cables feeding them and are all for the same feed - 28.2E
I want all 4 tuners to be seen by the STB running OpenVix so I can in theory watch/record 4 channels.

cactikid
06-02-22, 19:13
On the main box you will have 3 tuners to record / view on .
When you input a recording on tuner A and a second one might use tuner B as A is not available at the same time.

Some boxes can show what tuners are in use on front display depending on box.

If you had 2 other boxes using the main box as master it limits it down to 2 tuners.

Use main box for recordings and slave as a viewing box

ant_thomas
07-02-22, 12:23
Sorry, I'm probably not being clear.

I have a SatIP Server Box
Telestar DIGIBIT R1 - which has 4 x DVB-S2 tuners
I want to be able to access all four tuners on the zgemma box running OpenVix - effectively giving the box access to 5 tuners - ABCDE
A - 1 x onboard DVB-S2X
B-E - 4 x DVB-S2 from the SatIP Server.

Is this possible?

cactikid
07-02-22, 13:09
Out of my depth on this sorry.

ant_thomas
16-02-22, 20:23
Anyone else have any ideas?

abu baniaz
16-02-22, 21:34
SAT IP is something that OpenATV users are more used to. You would be better off asking where there are more users knowledgable on the topic. You will get very good advice here on RCSC and Fallback tuners, but that is not what you are asking about. You also have to take into account driver issues. Some boxes will only allow a set number of tuners including vtuners.

psul
17-02-22, 18:27
I have a Zgemma h7c which I'm using with a Triax tss400 which also has 4 tuners.
Like yours only one of the 4 tuners is available.
In the setup I do have the option of adding 4 virtual tuners so tried adding the Triax for all 4. They all then show up in the tuner list but none of the virtual tuners work, I have to delete 3 to get it working again.
Would also love a solution to this.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk