PDA

View Full Version : How do I edit channels on SF8008?

Jaz
05-02-22, 13:01
Hi, first time poster... I've just bought an SF8008 to replace the Technomate TM-5402 M3 I've had for the past few years. I'm using it with a motorised 80cm dish and I really like it. I'd read previously that these Enigma 2 receivers are not the easiest to get your head round, but it's going well so far; I'm receiving channels from satellites that the TM-5402 couldn't, and I seem to have found how to do most things that I need (I'm a pretty basic user, only watch FTA).

One thing I can't do, though, is delete unwanted channels in any sensible way. I have found a way of deleting one channel at a time, but this takes ages, not least because after you've deleted one channel it jumps back to the channel you're watching. I've looked in the 'plugins' section and, while I've found and installed some useful stuff from there, I can't see anything that would achieve this. Any ideas please?

Cheers.

adm
05-02-22, 13:33
Hi, first time poster... I've just bought an SF8008 to replace the Technomate TM-5402 M3 I've had for the past few years. I'm using it with a motorised 80cm dish and I really like it. I'd read previously that these Enigma 2 receivers are not the easiest to get your head round, but it's going well so far; I'm receiving channels from satellites that the TM-5402 couldn't, and I seem to have found how to do most things that I need (I'm a pretty basic user, only watch FTA).

One thing I can't do, though, is delete unwanted channels in any sensible way. I have found a way of deleting one channel at a time, but this takes ages, not least because after you've deleted one channel it jumps back to the channel you're watching. I've looked in the 'plugins' section and, while I've found and installed some useful stuff from there, I can't see anything that would achieve this. Any ideas please?

Cheers.

Consider using the web interface (webif)

Find the IP of you box menu -> information -> network -> IP

Type this IP number in the address bar of the internet browser on your PC
You should then get the Web Interface come up on your browser

One of the options in the webif is a bouquet editor

Here you can select a bouquet, create a bouquet and then click on a channel to add/delete or drag it to a new position in the list.
You may/will find it faster than trying to do the same on the box.

After making changes in webif just close down the webif window in the browser and you will find all the changes back on your box.

Edit
Also if using autobouquetmaker (ABM) menu → setup → tuners and scanning → autobouquetmaker to scan for channels after you have setup providers menu → setup → tuners and scanning → autobouquetmaker → providers there is another menu item where you can select various categories, such as adult, shopping etc. so they don’t appear in the list in the fist place menu → setup → tuners and scanning → autobouquetmaker ->hide sections.

Jaz
05-02-22, 14:37
That works a treat, many thanks!