PDA

View Full Version : [OS-mega] OpenVIX 6.0.007 Edision OS Mega Volume button forwarding HDMI CEC

minesh
01-02-22, 20:45
Hi guys

I upgraded to the latest version of openvix on saturday 6.0.007 from openvix 5.4. I have noticed that under the HDMI CEC settings i have enabled the foreward volume keys option but I can only control the volume of the STB. The box i am using is edision os mega.

The previous build 5.4 had no problems forwarded the volume keys.

Is there anything i can do other than click on the TV button on the os mega remote then control volume from there.

I would rather it work as intended as per the previous versions of openvix

Any advice and help would be much appreciated

Thanks

twol
01-02-22, 22:27
Hi guys

I upgraded to the latest version of openvix on saturday 6.0.007 from openvix 5.4. I have noticed that under the HDMI CEC settings i have enabled the foreward volume keys option but I can only control the volume of the STB. The box i am using is edision os mega.

The previous build 5.4 had no problems forwarded the volume keys.

Is there anything i can do other than click on the TV button on the os mega remote then control volume from there.

I would rather it work as intended as per the previous versions of openvix

Any advice and help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Enable debug logs and post here - do you know what cec address is being used? Sometimes you have to set the address in setup.
The sat receiver sends a command to the TV/ amp if it doesn,t respond then you are only able to adjust the receiver sound level

minesh
03-02-22, 08:08
Hi thanks for the reply.

All the other functions work ie wake up tv from standby, switch input and power off tv. It’s just the volume key which only controls stb volume. I have since reverted back to 5.4 so will post the log file over the weekend. 5.4 works perfectly fine.

Regards.

Huevos
03-02-22, 12:05
Please switch on debug logs and post the log.

twol
03-02-22, 14:18
Hi thanks for the reply.

All the other functions work ie wake up tv from standby, switch input and power off tv. It’s just the volume key which only controls stb volume. I have since reverted back to 5.4 so will post the log file over the weekend. 5.4 works perfectly fine.

Regards.
Can you run debug logs for both the 5.4 system and 6.0 system --->menus/setup/system/logs/settings - enable and save on hdd/usb not flash.
having both image debug logs would be a big help.

I only need the logs from boot/restart to the TV picture being displayed - as the volume key chit chat between receiver and TV/amp is very early in the setup on both systems

minesh
12-02-22, 17:24
Hi

Apologies for the late reply

Please see attached log files for both 5.4 and 6.0

I am back on 5.4.016 which is working as expected

Regards

twol
13-02-22, 14:25
Hi

Apologies for the late reply

Please see attached log files for both 5.4 and 6.0

I am back on 5.4.016 which is working as expected

Regards
many thanks for the logs can you try the attachment below as follows in your 6.0 image and let me know the result:

1. putty (terminal) into the box, logging in with root and your password.
init 4 (space between)

2. filezilla - copy attachement to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
3. putty
init 6 (space between)

minesh
19-02-22, 11:21
Hi there. Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately replacing this file has made no difference.

Regards.

twol
19-02-22, 13:23
Hi there. Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately replacing this file has made no difference.

Regards.

Is your TV powered on 1st? If the receiver is active prior to the TV or AV receiver then it will not see the request for audiosource and you will only have the ability to control the receivers volume.

minesh
19-02-22, 13:30
Yes the tv is powered on. If I turn the stb off the tv will turn off. If I turn the stb on the tv will turn on. Everything works within the hdmi cec bar the volume forward key.

Again reverted back to 5.4.016 no issues. I might just stay with 5.4.016

I appreciate the support.

Thanks.

twol
19-02-22, 15:28
@minesh - >I would like to try one last thing, but it will be Monday/Tuesday before I can make the change - OK?

minesh
19-02-22, 15:36
Ok no problem. I would only be able to action it on weekends due to work commitments.

Thanks.

twol
19-02-22, 16:10
Ok no problem. I would only be able to action it on weekends due to work commitments.

Thanks.

Thanks - will make a change and post back here

twol
24-02-22, 12:26
@minesh - here are the changes....3 modules attached setup.xml, UsageConfig.py, HdmiCec.py
1. stop the receiver----> putty and type init 4(space between)
2. unzip setup.zip and copy the extracted file setup.xml to /usr/share/enigma2
3. copy HdmiCec-py and UsaegConfig.py to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components
4. putty ---> init 6
5. go to Menu/setup/hdmicec ---> enable forcevolumekeys (set to Yes), Save settings (I assume that Forward volume keys is enabled (set to Yes)) - just leave as is
6. reboot
7. post results!

minesh
26-02-22, 12:19
Hi twol

You have actually fixed it!!! Thank you so much. Just a note the HdmiCec.py and UsageConfig.py files are different on 6.0.008 they are now .pyc

I believe the setup.xml file has added another option on the HDMI CEC screen saying "Force volume keys to forward"

Thanks again for your efforts and i can confirm its working perfectly with 6.0.007 and the latest 6.0.008

Minesh

twol
26-02-22, 15:35
Hi twol

You have actually fixed it!!! Thank you so much. Just a note the HdmiCec.py and UsageConfig.py files are different on 6.0.008 they are now .pyc

I believe the setup.xml file has added another option on the HDMI CEC screen saying "Force volume keys to forward"

Thanks again for your efforts and i can confirm its working perfectly with 6.0.007 and the latest 6.0.008

Minesh
Great news - the issue is that all these TV,s /amps have a subset of the hdmicec implementation and some have implemented most but not all features - so makes life difficult!
Thanks for all your patience and testing

minesh
26-02-22, 20:24
Thanks again. I'm assuming when the software updates this change will be implemented, or would i have to redo the same changes.

Minesh

twol
26-02-22, 20:37
I will apply update tomorrow and then will be in next build