PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] GigaBllue HD Quad Plus v6 installing

dartydarling
26-01-22, 23:34
I'm an absolute novice so please keep any responses simple. I bought a Gigablue HD Quad plus about 5 years ago and managed to flash Openvix 4.2 onto it using quides and tutorials. Been very happy with it, not an enthusiast, we just watch a lot of German TV in our household so needed a sataellite system. Although all still working reasonably OK, it does tend to crash and reboot quite regularly these days which made me consider maybe it should be updated. Seen from this site that there is now a version 6. My question is can I go from version 4.2 to version 6 (missing out all the series 5 installations) and secondly, can I go straight to the latest release of image 6 (version 7 I believe)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tkr001
29-01-22, 06:17
Yes you can. A fresh flash with a settings restore should suffice. Take an image backup first so you can always go back.

dartydarling
29-01-22, 09:54
Many thanks Tkr001

Joe_90
29-01-22, 13:36
Sorry for the late response - I have a GB Quad+ as the household daily receiver. It's been running well now for the past seven years on its original 1TB 2.5" HDD. Runs a development version of Vix 6 (as I'm a tester) without problems. Great box for me as it has two terrestrial (for local Saorview) and two sat (for 28.2E) tuners. It's a little slow in boot-up in comparison to my mutant and AX61 receivers, but it's rock steady for recordings and HD playback and channel change and EPG navigation is snappy. The only gripe I had was with very slow driver changes from Gigablue in the early days when there were issues with timeshift recording. Of course, there have been no driver updates for this box for a few years now, but it's fine for daily use.