PDA

View Full Version : How do I add saterlite list xml files

ALIEN1X
14-01-22, 23:42
I have created a new a saterlite list xml file off the web.
How do i add or import ths into my ETt8500 reciver?

Do I delete my existing saterlight list first and how do I do this?

Huevos
16-01-22, 01:15
What do you mean "off the web"?

What was missing from the supplied xml?

Put your file in /etc/enigma2 ... and don't forget to keep it up to date.

Remove it and the box will drop back to the supplied system file.

ALIEN1X
18-01-22, 19:08
Yes the xml files of the web.

I reflashed my box et8500 as its was too slow and hanging when starting, also saved sat scans went missing.
So after usb reflash it went thru wizzard and asked to scan for sats So I chose simple with multiscan option and selected my sats from 1.93e to 75w as a manual scan.

Then after setup, when clicking on tv remote button secting green button for sats and then extention option list all my sats it only shows 39e to 30w?

So thought I would try the sat xml site entered my longitude and latitude which gave me results form 76.5E to 75W so downloaded that xml into etc/enigma2

Still not picked up that sat range only shows 39e to 30w,

After loadig the xml file I did not rescan or should I do that?

Huevos
18-01-22, 19:29
Yes the xml files of the web.What xml file from where on the web.

I reflashed my box et8500 as its was too slow and hanging when startingWhich skin?

ALIEN1X
18-01-22, 22:53
What xml file from where on the web.

Which skin?

xml was created and downloaded from :

http://satellites-xml.org/

skin im using is:
Vix hd night skin 1080

image is openvix latest version 6

ccs
18-01-22, 23:04
..... use the simple_1080 skin for the time being, to avoid your box hanging.

ALIEN1X
18-01-22, 23:28
..... use the simple_1080 skin for the time being, to avoid your box hanging.

you mean the current skin as that came as default option after flashng.

Huevos
19-01-22, 07:50
What satellite dishes are you using? Have you got a clear line of site to the arc you are trying to scan? Is the dish set up properly?

What are you trying to receive between 30W and 75W as there is pretty much nothing there for people that live in Europe?
Same after 39E, maybe a bit from the 42E west beam.

Also if your dish is set up wrong most like that will show worse at either end of the arc.

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 13:37
My dish is set properly
Im scanning for all sats that I can pick up between 70e top 75w.

Perhaps my location is only allowing me to pickup up from 30e to 30w? Im based in East London and dish is pole mounted on the ground in back garden?

Am I right in sayinmg that during a manual or auto scan, the receiver only saves what channels and sats it can pick up based on my location and line of site- regarldless of what sats I select (selected all between 70e to 75w)?

ronand
19-01-22, 14:07
All the valid satellites are in the xml already - you do not need to update it. There isn't much on Ku band west of 30W except for a few feeds. You should get a few sats beyond 39e - if you cant get 42e (Turksat) or 45e then either something is blocking the signal (such as a tree or building) or else your dish is not aligned correctly. Also bear in mind that most of the beams on those birds close to our horizon are not targetted at western europe and cannot be easily received here if at all.

adm
19-01-22, 14:14
My dish is set properly
Im scanning for all sats that I can pick up between 70e top 75w.

Perhaps my location is only allowing me to pickup up from 30e to 30w? Im based in East London and dish is pole mounted on the ground in back garden?

Purely on mechanical grounds I wouldn't be surprised if the vertical mounting pole moves when the disk moves through 140 degrees.
Have you actually viewed what happens to the pole when the dish is travelling?
Does the dish move in a moderate wind?

adm
19-01-22, 14:51
if you cant get 42e (Turksat) or 45e then either something is blocking the signal (such as a tree or building) or else your dish is not aligned correctly. Also bear in mind that most of the beams on those birds close to our horizon are not targetted at western europe and cannot be easily received here if at all.

ALIEN1X probably needs to check that his ambitions are feasible :)

To check blocking etc.

Go to dishpointer.com
Type in the postcode and select a satellite and press search (every time that a new satellite selected press search again)
A green line showing the bearing to the satellite should appear on the map.
Click on the green blob at the end of the line and drag it to the exact dish location.
There should be a tick box (top right hand corner of the map) to show obstacles. This will put a red blob on the green bearing line. Click and drag this blob along the line. It will show the height (above the dish which will/may block the signal. At the extreme of the dish position at even 100meters distance away something 2 metres above the height of the dish may block the signal.

Huevos
19-01-22, 16:42
What are you trying to receivePlease be specific. Which channels?

Joe_90
19-01-22, 17:13
@ALIEN1X - I have commented before on the suitability (or otherwise) of your setup for motorised satellite reception. See here - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63760-upgrading-from-single-output-to-dual-output-LNB-on-motor-dish-how-to-wire-up&p=506924&viewfull=1#post506924

Using a dish and motor mounted on a long pole like you have is not a good starting point for multi-satellite reception. It will move or sway in the wind or even when the dish moves. As the dish is down almost at ground level it will not see the whole arc of satellites as it will be blocked by trees, houses etc. If you can receive from 30E to 30W that is probably the best you can hope for on a good day.

adm
19-01-22, 18:13
@ALIEN1X - I have commented before on the suitability (or otherwise) of your setup for motorised satellite reception. See here - https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63760-upgrading-from-single-output-to-dual-output-LNB-on-motor-dish-how-to-wire-up&p=506924&viewfull=1#post506924

Using a dish and motor mounted on a long pole like you have is not a good starting point for multi-satellite reception. It will move or sway in the wind or even when the dish moves. As the dish is down almost at ground level it will not see the whole arc of satellites as it will be blocked by trees, houses etc. If you can receive from 30E to 30W that is probably the best you can hope for on a good day.

One of the recommendations in that linked thread is to dig a 3 foot hole for a single pole and fill the hole with lots of concrete. This may not work if on London clay and difference in ground level water content causes clay heave and a once vertical pole becomes tilted. Possibly a wide base and triangular supports to the top of the pole would be better.

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 18:55
Purely on mechanical grounds I wouldn't be surprised if the vertical mounting pole moves when the disk moves through 140 degrees.
Have you actually viewed what happens to the pole when the dish is travelling?
Does the dish move in a moderate wind?

yes it does move in wind and i have plan to restrain the mount from above. It is a windy site yes I do have to realign it in winter. At moment its aligned but get i cant anything above 30w or 35e etc possiblt due to location of dish i guess.

i was thinking of having it moved in the summer to the corner of the house just above eaves line of pitched roof. Only prblem is being a windy site I would need a ladder to get up their Thats why i placed it on a garden mount pole and can get 30E to 30w but with realigning in winter(currenly aligned )

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 18:57
ALIEN1X probably needs to check that his ambitions are feasible :)

To check blocking etc.

Go to dishpointer.com
Type in the postcode and select a satellite and press search (every time that a new satellite selected press search again)
A green line showing the bearing to the satellite should appear on the map.
Click on the green blob at the end of the line and drag it to the exact dish location.
There should be a tick box (top right hand corner of the map) to show obstacles. This will put a red blob on the green bearing line. Click and drag this blob along the line. It will show the height (above the dish which will/may block the signal. At the extreme of the dish position at even 100meters distance away something 2 metres above the height of the dish may block the signal.

I will definatley look kinto this

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 19:06

Yes I fully uinderstand now. I thought I may get beyound 30E to 30W when looking at the saterlight xml site when enetering my co-ordinates, I did not think about obsticals like the houses that could be blocking that range that im trying to achive. However has metioned by otherS on this thread I guess theres nothing much beyond 30E -30W?
To be honest I was hoping to see if I can get Live FTA soccer that are transmited on other sats most are beyond 30E -30W that was my aim.

abu baniaz
19-01-22, 19:13
Download the xml file, transfer it to /etc/enigma2, restart your receiver. Scan. If you are in the footprint of the satellite and your dish stays straight and there are no obstructions, you will receive services. Otherwise not. Several people in the UK watch services on 42E on the Western Europe beam.

You need to post a picture of where your dish is looking to show whether there are obstructions or not. If there are no obstructions, nothing wrong with a dish on the ground.

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 19:14
One of the recommendations in that linked thread is to dig a 3 foot hole for a single pole and fill the hole with lots of concrete. This may not work if on London clay and difference in ground level water content causes clay heave and a once vertical pole becomes tilted. Possibly a wide base and triangular supports to the top of the pole would be better.

Yes you are correct hence why I have to keep realigning in winter. Its on the ground so I can maintain it as im on windy site.
The pole has a base plate bolted down on 100mm thick 600x600 con paving slab on compacted sand and hardcore on top of all that its weighted down with dense concrte blocks.
its been like that for 15 years

Huevos
19-01-22, 19:19
Please be specific. Which channels?Still no answer.

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 21:19
Still no answer.

what I was trying to do is get all the sats scaned and tuned in, so thats all TV channels that are available . Looking at the above posts it looks like my dish locaton could be restricting me of what i was trying to achive.
I will do a screen shot of what can scan and see.
Im not interes intersted in radio channels but there is no option in openvix I belive to have TV only scanned

ALIEN1X
19-01-22, 21:23
i will post pictures of my dish looking out and screen shots of what is scaned

Huevos
19-01-22, 22:18
what I was trying to do is get all the sats scaned and tuned in, so thats all TV channels that are available .Also known as mission impossible. Unless there is something you actually want to watch you're wasting your time.

ALIEN1X
20-01-22, 12:25
Download the xml file, transfer it to /etc/enigma2, restart your receiver. Scan. If you are in the footprint of the satellite and your dish stays straight and there are no obstructions, you will receive services. Otherwise not. Several people in the UK watch services on 42E on the Western Europe beam.

You need to post a picture of where your dish is looking to show whether there are obstructions or not. If there are no obstructions, nothing wrong with a dish on the ground.

As requested see attached
I have attached pics of what saterlights have been picked up from my scan after attaching xml file and rescanning.
I have attached pics of the channels picked up on the last 2 saterlights on my scan as being the extreme ends

I think the extreme ends both East and West are restricted due to my dish location.63268632696327063271632726327363274632756 3276

adm
20-01-22, 13:33
A panoramic picture is worth a thousand words. My guess is that you cannot actually see any satellites beyond +/- 30 degrees from the centre axis of your dish because the height of trees and houses are above the sight-line for any satellite beyond those limits.

adm
20-01-22, 14:49
Ops missed a photo in the panorama

abu baniaz
20-01-22, 14:59
I think the trees are alright, they are far and low enough. He'll probably be fine with a ground mount too, maybe even better.

Those Triax dishes are a pain to get right.

Joe_90
20-01-22, 15:35
Turksat at 42E would be at about 19.5 degrees elevation from the OP's location. He's receiving 39E (although I only see one service on his screenshot), but not showing 42E on his list, so maybe it's just blocked from view. The west facing transponders from 42E boom in for me on an 80cm dish at 6W longitude, but my dish is mounted at first-floor window level. Height and proximity of trees and houses in an easterly direction prevent me receiving anything further east than 45E.

ALIEN1X
20-01-22, 17:48
Guess Im stuck with what I have and make do.
When the weather is right, I will need to stablise the pole better.
I was thinking of moving the dish higher fixed to the house so dish is just above eves/facia level but if it goes out of alignment on a windy day as its a windy corner i will have trouble getting up there. Hence why I settled for ground location.

I really appriciated everyones help on advise on this thanks:)

ALIEN1X
20-01-22, 18:05
I think the trees are alright, they are far and low enough. He'll probably be fine with a ground mount too, maybe even better.

Those Triax dishes are a pain to get right.

Mine is 90cm dish, how comes triax are difficult though all dishes are the same?
Which dishes are better?

abu baniaz
20-01-22, 18:14
The Triax dish is clamped in place and does not have a pivot. Gibertini 100/125 probably a better one.

Someone is selling a large dish in Ilford, starting price is 99p on a famous auction site if you want to give it a punt. No need to motorise it to begin with.

ALIEN1X
20-01-22, 22:08
The Triax dish is clamped in place and does not have a pivot. Gibertini 100/125 probably a better one.

Someone is selling a large dish in Ilford, starting price is 99p on a famous auction site if you want to give it a punt. No need to motorise it to begin with.

Why is there no need to motorise a Gibertini? I mean surely the large size would not cover the sat arc?

abu baniaz
20-01-22, 22:28
I said "no need to motorised it to begin with." so put on ground mount, adjust to the position you want to receive the channel you are looking for. Once happy you can get reception, motorised it.

You still have not said what channels you want to view.

ALIEN1X
23-01-22, 18:59
Regards to channels its as much as I can see along the arch based on my location pole mounted on the ground. I undestand there will be some restrictions as im mounted on the ground.
If Im lucky I would like to try and see if I can get the FTA live soccer on some of the various satellites that may be reachable as shown on LJ live on sat. Its worth a try.

I have now strenghtned my pole and made sure its upright and stable using a digital spirit bubble phone app and builders spirit level tool as best i can.
I have an xls SAT Meter but takes so long to check which saterlight Im getting a signal from( i.e is it Astra 2 or 1) as I have to run back and forth to the reciver to find out.

Is there a sat meter that tells me which sat it is rather then just giving me a signal level, so much easier when trying to set up 3 fixed points ( 28e, 0.8w and 30w )to be on the arch?

abu baniaz
23-01-22, 20:34
For pity's sake, give names of a few channels and the satellites they are on. If you don't give names in your next response, you are wasting people's time.

Meter here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/amiko-x-finder-3?search=satellite%20meter

ALIEN1X
24-01-22, 13:20
For pity's sake, give names of a few channels and the satellites they are on. If you don't give names in your next response, you are wasting people's time.

Meter here:
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/amiko-x-finder-3?search=satellite%20meter

See Saterlite Channel examples attached. FTA Channels, Shedules and times varie each day

ronand
24-01-22, 13:35
TRT Spor on 42E West beam is easily received in the UK & Western Europe. Forget about Match TV.

Joe_90
24-01-22, 18:04
The OP's dish is down at ground level (or about 2m above ground level) and he does not have uninterrupted horizon to E and W. It seems that 39E is as far east as he can receive, so most of the sats on his list are out of view and also include C band which he can't receive in any case.

ALIEN1X
24-01-22, 18:46
Thanks I now understand what Im limited too