PDA

View Full Version : [Formuler F1] Hang when trying to change remote control type

stuckinstandby
11-01-22, 13:06
When I try to change the remote type using 5.4.016 or 6.0.006 the box hangs - displays spinner and stops responding. I tried it a few times, even leaving for about an hour but always have to kill engima to restart. Box restarts ok, but remote control stays on "Default". It doesn't seem to matter which remote control type I choose, or whether I hit OK, or Green.

Background

I've been using OpenViX 5.1.033 for a while but I wanted to install a plugin and found the 51 feeds are down.

I first downloaded and flashed 6.0.006 via USB. It ran ok without importing settings but when I tried restored settings it hung on startup.

I tried to re-do the settings manually via UI - font sizes, Blue HD skin, etc and these worked ok, but when I tried to change the remote type, it hung and had to be restarted.

I tried 5.4.016 instead but found the same issue.

These are the images that I tried:

openvix-5.4.016.release-formuler1tc_usb.zip
openvix-6.0.006.release-formuler1tc_usb.zip

This is where I'm change the remote control type:
Menu >> Setup >> System >> Input devices >> Configure remote control type

I have a debug log. It showed a lot of skin related errors so I retried using the default skin but had the same issue. I don't think anything useful is logged:

< 9013.9428> [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 399 (Make) KeyID='KEY_GREEN' Binding='('GREEN',)'.
< 9013.9433> [ActionMap] Keymap 'SetupActions' -> Action = 'save'.
< 9016.2218> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
/usr/bin/enigma2.sh: line 284: 4039 Killed LD_PRELOAD=$LIBS /usr/bin/enigma2

enigma2 has exited
========== Enigma2 log ends ==========

I've restored my backup of 5.1.033 now but could reflash to try out suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

stuckinstandby
28-04-22, 18:46
Any suggestions for this?

twol
28-04-22, 19:06
1. post debug logs here.
2. try latest image as there are numerous changes
3. don‘t flash by usb, just do an online flash with ImageManager
Lastly, what remote do you expect to change to?

stuckinstandby
28-04-22, 20:53
1. post debug logs here.

Thanks for replying.

There's very little logged after pressing Green as quoted in my post but here's the log anyway. This is from running 6.0.006:
Timestamp: < 9013.9428>

2. try latest image as there are numerous changes

I'll try that at the weekend. Is there a change log I can check first?

3. don‘t flash by usb, just do an online flash with ImageManager

ImageManager doesn't offer any downloads on 5.1. I'm sure elsewhere it says 5.1 can't be updated online. Maybe I could download a zip and install it through ImageManager? I don't know if this would make any difference compared with updating via USB.

Lastly, what remote do you expect to change to?

It didn't seem to matter which remote I selected. All remote types I tried caused a hang. I was specifically looking to use "et9000/et9001" - this works fine on 5.1 and is supported by my universal remote.

Have you tried changing the remote type on your box?