PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Storage disks and bookmarking

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 10:36
Hi, I have searched but cannot find an answer so I am turning to the forum for help.

I have installed a hard drive in my Gigablue UHD UE 4K and it works fine. However I have an existing collection of recordings on a network drive that I would like to access both to view and to record to.

Under Network Mounts I have added the drive and it appears in the mount viewer. I have mounted both the main drive and also one of the subdirectories (movies). Both have a green tick.

When I try to mount them again (to see if that is the problem) there are no options other than close which sort of implies it does not recognise the mounts I ache added OR it recognises that they are properly mounted.

They are both open (guest) shares so no username or password are needed but when I try to enter them to check if that is the problem, the screen does not respond and again, the only option is red to Close the window. In fact the screen freezes and I have to hard restart the receiver with the on/off switch.

When I go to the recording section to try to add them as a bookmark in the default movie location I can navigate to the file system but it only shows the internal drive, not the network drives. If I try on the Timer or Instant Recording options, the network drives are shown but when I try to select them, it says it is an Invalid Location. I can however add the as bookmarks. Again it lets me navigate the internal disk as a valid storage area.

With the bookmarks added, they now appear under the default movie location. This is not as explained in the OpenVix help guide version 1.1!

When I try to select one of the bookmarks for a recording it says there may not be enough space on the disk, do I want to continue. When I say yes, the box crashes and restarts. On restart, the bookmarks have disappeared.

Is this me not doing it properly or is this a software glitch?

Are there any logs I should prepare to aid understanding what is happening?

Geoff

adm
04-01-22, 11:11
also one of the subdirectories (movies)

movies or movie? The latter is the default name.

Willo3092
04-01-22, 11:25
The green tick doesn't mean the share is mounted, check the icon for a red circle and white cross.

I find it easier to add my own automounts.xml to /etc/enigma2/ reboot and then go into Mount Manager and set it up.

After rebooting it looks like the first image - just click on one of the shares and press green to save and overwrite the existing mount.
This always seems to mount all of the shares properly.

Example automounts.xml:

I then allocate the coloured buttons in the movie list to my shared drives.

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 13:02
movies or movie? The latter is the default name.

Sorry adm, movies is the folder on my network . I was not referring to the HDD default folder.

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 13:29
Thanks Willo. Working so will try this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 19:18
Hmmm, done something wrong I think. The network is up and I can see the box over ftp and via Kodi and I can run the network test OK. However, as soon as I try to browse the network the box freezes and I have to turn it off and restart it. When I try to look at services such as SMB or NFS (or to update the software) it flashes up a page but then cancels it and gives an error message of: Sorry feeds are down for maintenance, etc.

ronand
04-01-22, 19:21
The feeds are down for maintenance (new image being built)

cactikid
04-01-22, 22:26
Looking now they are green ?? so maybe working now.

Feeds down will agree maintenance .

When you search network how long did you leave it scanning i wonder.

Does Nas need Samba or Nfs setup as its been a while since setting one up.

Everything hard wired i assume.

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 23:18
The feeds are down for maintenance (new image being built)

I looked on both sites but could not see a notice to say that was happening. Is there a page I should go to for the server status? I will have another go with an update tonight.

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 23:25
Looking now they are green ?? so maybe working now.

Feeds down will agree maintenance .

When you search network how long did you leave it scanning i wonder.

Does Nas need Samba or Nfs setup as its been a while since setting one up.

Everything hard wired i assume.

I left it for half an hour which should have been long enough! It froze so I had to restart it again.

I assumed samba would be running for connections via Kodi to work but I may be wrong.

My network (in an old stone house with 600mm walls) is a wifi mesh system with power line connections so technically, the TV and the drive on my office computer are hard wired. However it is not as stable as a traditionally hard wired network.

G

ccs
04-01-22, 23:28
The Forum link, top left of this page, gives the OpenViX Feeds Status, half way down the first page, on the right.

GeoffatMM
04-01-22, 23:41
The Forum link, top left of this page, gives the OpenViX Feeds Status, half way down the first page, on the right.

Thanks, I did not know that was what it was for!

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 08:45
So last night I updated the image to the newly released 6.0.006 and it did have some effect.

Network browsing worked fine and I was able to bookmark my drive to the recordings settings. However, although it let me bookmark it, there was still a warning that the drive was invalid and when I tried to use it by adjusting the location for a recording there was again an initial warning that there did not appear to be any space on the disk (there is plenty) and then it crashed (it did not freeze) with a message to post the crash report on the forum.

I cannot see a post explaining how to do this as I assume it is not wanted in the thread but on some form of pastebin link? Could someone let me know please. The issue is reproducible so there should be at least two crash reports available.

Everything else appears to be working fine and there does not appear to be any latent hangover in the system as a result of the crashes.

Geoff

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 09:30
I found a prior post from Abu that asked the logs to be posted so I am attaching both here.

I can view the logs on the TV but could not find a way to download or send them so I have recovered them via ftp.

As an aside, FileZilla says the server (receiver) is not using TLS so connections are insecure. Probably not an issue when done internally but is there a way to set TLS to work on the box?

cactikid
05-01-22, 11:11
Not a person that knows how to read a crash but it starts with a skin issue and skins are known to give issues and might advise to try another and reboot box.

Anytime i see the Filezilla popup i just disregard it and continue.

ccs
05-01-22, 11:29
< 1566.5246> 02:05:57.7564 Traceback (most recent call last):
< 1566.5247> 02:05:57.7565 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/StartEnigma.py", line 252, in processDelay
< 1566.5254> 02:05:57.7572 callback(*retval)
< 1566.5255> 02:05:57.7573 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py", line 294, in <lambda>
< 1566.5260> 02:05:57.7579 session.openWithCallback(lambda answer: checkForConflicts(session, refreshCallback, answer[1]) if answer[0] else None, TimerEntry, timer)
< 1566.5261> 02:05:57.7579 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py", line 309, in checkForConflicts
< 1566.5266> 02:05:57.7584 simulTimerList = getTimerConflicts(session, timer)
< 1566.5266> 02:05:57.7584 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/TimerEntry.py", line 322, in getTimerConflicts
< 1566.5271> 02:05:57.7590 simulTimerList = session.nav.RecordTimer.record(timer, dosave=False)
< 1566.5272> 02:05:57.7590 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 1265, in record
< 1566.5287> 02:05:57.7605 self.addTimerEntry(entry)
< 1566.5288> 02:05:57.7606 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 225, in addTimerEntry
< 1566.5292> 02:05:57.7611 self.calcNextActivation(dosave)
< 1566.5293> 02:05:57.7611 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 264, in calcNextActivation
< 1566.5297> 02:05:57.7615 self.processActivation(dosave)
< 1566.5298> 02:05:57.7616 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/timer.py", line 359, in processActivation
< 1566.5303> 02:05:57.7621 self.doActivate(entry, False)
< 1566.5303> 02:05:57.7621 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 996, in doActivate
< 1566.5315> 02:05:57.7633 if w.activate():
< 1566.5315> 02:05:57.7633 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 487, in activate
< 1566.5322> 02:05:57.7640 if not self.justplay and not self.freespace():
< 1566.5322> 02:05:57.7640 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/RecordTimer.py", line 303, in freespace
< 1566.5327> 02:05:57.7645 s = os.statvfs(dirname)
< 1566.5328> 02:05:57.7646 FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/autofs/GJJIMAC'
< 1566.5328> 02:05:57.7646 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session object at 0xb077ad18>>,()) failed)

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 13:34
Thanks but it is the default skin so rather than change I think we need to discover the issue in case others experience it.

I will, like you say, ignore the ftp message in future.

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 13:40
Thanks ccs so why is it not finding the file or trying to mount it?

In any case, if it cannot find the file, it should not crash so what is causing the crash?

Huevos
05-01-22, 18:24
If this is over NFS the box user must match the user of the device being accessed irrespective of being a guest.

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 18:40
Hi Huevos,

Are you saying that I need to delete and remount the drive but this time with a username and password?

birdman
05-01-22, 19:02
Does Nas need Samba or Nfs setup as its been a while since setting one up.Samba is really server software to turn your box into a file-server.
To access file on a different system you'd need the cifs kernel module and the smbclient program, if your file-server is running cifs. If it's NFS you'll need to nfs-client bits.

birdman
05-01-22, 19:03
If this is over NFS the box user must match the user of the device being accessed irrespective of being a guest.Unless the server is set up for writeable anonymous access.

But the error message is, "No such file or directory" implying that it hasn't been mounted in the first place.

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 19:04
Which it is. Effectively anyone can access and write to the drive.

birdman
05-01-22, 19:05
Which it is. Effectively anyone can access and write to the drive. Is it exported to the Vix box?

Huevos
05-01-22, 21:40
Unless the server is set up for writeable anonymous access.The users must be the same.

How many people would be stupid enough to set up anonymous write access?

cactikid
05-01-22, 21:43
I get those messages " no such file or directory ' and go to boxes to see if a utility has stopped running Samba or Nfs or if IP has changed.
When changed and checked and remounted its working again.

I only move excess files to nas to free up box hdd and can play from nas.

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 23:28
Hi Huevos,

Are you saying that I need to delete and remount the drive but this time with a username and password?

I have done this and it makes no difference. It still sees the drive as having no space (or perhaps as you suggest unwritable). I am going to reset the sharing of the drive to see if that helps.

Any feedback from the crash logs?

GeoffatMM
05-01-22, 23:30
I get those messages " no such file or directory ' and go to boxes to see if a utility has stopped running Samba or Nfs or if IP has changed.
When changed and checked and remounted its working again.

I only move excess files to nas to free up box hdd and can play from nas.

That is actually all I am trying to do. I do not want to rely on a network connection for recordings but do want to manage the space on the local HDD.

cactikid
06-01-22, 02:19
That possibly sounds like its not in the correct format to use with e2 boxes and might be in fat 32.

Might you be using that for other recordings from a different device ?

When usb sticks not setup correctly they had a space issue as might have been fat 32 and not iniatilised as ext4.

Is the nas blank or have recordings from other devices.

birdman
06-01-22, 03:29
How many people would be stupid enough to set up anonymous write access?My suspicion is that would be the normal way to set things up on a home NFS share.
As the OP confirmed.

birdman
06-01-22, 03:32
That possibly sounds like its not in the correct format to use with e2 boxes and might be in fat 32.The format for a network share is cifs or nfs.
What the server that actually owns the real disk space uses as its file-system is purely a matter for it.

Joe_90
06-01-22, 16:05
Hi, I have searched but cannot find an answer so I am turning to the forum for help.

I have installed a hard drive in my Gigablue UHD UE 4K and it works fine. However I have an existing collection of recordings on a network drive that I would like to access both to view and to record to.

Under Network Mounts I have added the drive and it appears in the mount viewer. I have mounted both the main drive and also one of the subdirectories (movies). Both have a green tick.

Geoff

I've read through this thread and I don't see any reference to the network drive and how it's hosted. There is a lot of discussion regarding NFS or SMB (CIFS in old parlance).
Geoff - can you confirm what machine is actually hosting the network drive. Windows? What version? Commercial NAS - Synology or other?

If the network drive is hosted on a recent windows version (10), then probably SMB V1 is disabled and you will need to specify the correct version of SMB in the mount command on the Vix box. Alternatively, if it's an old NAS still running SMB V1, then you may have to force SMB V1 in the mount parameter as most recent Vix builds assume at least version 2 as the SMB version. Note the vers=2.0 in the mount command string.

As an example please see attached screenshot which shows the mount parameters for my home NAS which is using SMB 2 and has user and password authentication for access to the media folder.

GeoffatMM
06-01-22, 20:56
Hi Joe 90. Boy that takes me back.

The drive is not a NAS, just a standard 4T hard drive hanging off my iMac and shared via SMB with open permissions.

Interestingly, although the network shows both the shared drives on the 4T, they were not accessible so I have rebooted everything, they are now available and I will test tonight and report back.

cactikid
06-01-22, 22:42
Maybe been a mac and windows and linux might be issues and awaiting answers to hear.

Joe_90
07-01-22, 01:05
The drive is not a NAS, just a standard 4T hard drive hanging off my iMac and shared via SMB with open permissions.

I don't know anything about Mac implementation of SMB, but you might want to check the actual SMB protocol version in use. The Vix builds assume a default version of 2.02, which you can override in the mount setup with vers=

GeoffatMM
07-01-22, 14:18
After the reset and defining a new share, I was finally able to add a bookmark and record to it. I just need to confirm moving files also works but I think it will not be a problem.

Feel a bit guilty for wasting your time but it still leaves open the question of why it crashed. There should be a routine that checks availability of the drive and notifies the user if there is a problem.

Can I assume my crash report and issue will come to the attention of the developers or do I need to raise it elsewhere?

G

Willo3092
07-01-22, 14:52
In my experience if the shared drive isn't available the box records to /media/hdd/movie/