PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] IPTV Streams Freezing Openvix 6

avi68
30-12-21, 15:58
Hi all,

I only just realised that there has been a new openvix update so I decided to update. I updated my vu duo 2, vu zero and zgemma h9s from 5.4 16 to the latest 6.0.004. I restored my settings and plugins. I noticed that IPTV streams have started to get stuck where this was not the case before. I have tried a variety of streams and after 1-5 minutes the streams would get stuck and I would have to manually change the channel to get them back. This was not the case before.

I use Jedi xtreme maker to load the bouquets and I believe that is the latest one from the plugin server.

To further test, I flashed one receiver to my old backup image (5.4.16) and played the same stream through both boxes and the older image played fine whereas the new image stopped streaming.

I dont know if anyone else has experienced any issues like this? Or is it something in my setup?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Avi

Huevos
30-12-21, 16:36
We know similar has been reported on some receivers on OpenBlackHole when the bouquet uses 4097. One of the team is looking into it.

avi68
30-12-21, 16:42
We know similar has been reported on some receivers on OpenBlackHole when the bouquet uses 4097. One of the team is looking into it.

Thanks for confirming Huevos. I thought it was something my end, glad it's not just me.

twol
30-12-21, 16:43
Hi all,

I only just realised that there has been a new openvix update so I decided to update. I updated my vu duo 2, vu zero and zgemma h9s from 5.4 16 to the latest 6.0.004. I restored my settings and plugins. I noticed that IPTV streams have started to get stuck where this was not the case before. I have tried a variety of streams and after 1-5 minutes the streams would get stuck and I would have to manually change the channel to get them back. This was not the case before.

I use Jedi xtreme maker to load the bouquets and I believe that is the latest one from the plugin server.

To further test, I flashed one receiver to my old backup image (5.4.16) and played the same stream through both boxes and the older image played fine whereas the new image stopped streaming.

I dont know if anyone else has experienced any issues like this? Or is it something in my setup?

Any help/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Avi

I would switch from Jedi to Xstreamity (both by Kiddac) ….. Xstreamity is very up-to-date, more comprehensive, works well in python3 images and certainly has given me no issues whoever provides the IPTV streams and whether streamtype 1 or 4097 (easy to flip between streamtypes)
Very easy to switch from Jedi to Xstreamity.

avi68
30-12-21, 17:48
I would switch from Jedi to Xstreamity (both by Kiddac) ….. Xstreamity is very up-to-date, more comprehensive, works well in python3 images and certainly has given me no issues whoever provides the IPTV streams and whether streamtype 1 or 4097 (easy to flip between streamtypes)
Very easy to switch from Jedi to Xstreamity.

Thanks for the info Twol. I’ll have a look at xstreamity.