PDA

View Full Version : Streaming from HP MediaSmart Server

bouncy
19-02-11, 08:22
Hi all I'm using VIX 2.0 and want to stream my movies on my HP MediaSmart Server. I scan the network and find the server ok but then when I goto mount the folder all my movies I've options to choose which I'm not sure if I've done correctly. Basically all I add in there is my Username & Password to my user account of my server and I leave all other settings as they are and it seems to mount ok but when I go into media player on the Vu+ all that shows up is hard disk, internal flash memory & USB pen drive.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

bouncy
22-02-11, 16:54
I'm still having no luck with this but know it has to be possible ! It's something I'm doing wrong surely?

Any help would be much appreciated.

mauri
13-07-11, 19:30
Hi there,

I have a workaround solution that I use to watch movies stored in Vu+Duo, in the bedroom - where I have MediaSmart connect.
I added the movie directory to the Windows Media Player (on my laptop), so I can watch the movies in my other TV, over the wi-fi.
Obviously you have to have a pc/laptop, which should be on, in order for WMP server to show online on the MediaSmart interface...

meanwhile, I am still trying to find another solution, that uses no pc/laptop as intermediate.
I did find smth in another forum; twonkymedia manager has a server version tailored to dreambox 7025, which I believe is similar to vu+ duo. Installed twonkymedia in Vu+, but could find the way how to set it up to make its server show on mediasmart :(