PDA

View Full Version : Forum Signature

GeoffatMM
07-12-21, 10:11
I show my satellite equipment information in my signature to save repeating it each time.

I have just updated it as I installed a new LNB and have changed the base image to Vix.

Looking back at older posts, the signature has updated! I did not expect this to happen and may lead to confusion if other users search for the same issue as the LNB and image are not properly listed following the update. Is there a way to prevent this updating of signatures in older posts?

G

ccs
07-12-21, 10:26
Signatures are associated with the user, not the posts, so I doubt if the current method will change.

I don't even display signatures in posts, they're more than likely to be out of date, and just increase the amount of scrolling.

Joe_90
07-12-21, 14:11
I'm pretty sure it's a restriction of the forum software. Even happens when you change user name/avatar - all your old posts get the new details. All I can suggest Geoff is that you add the old LNB info with a timeline and a pithy comment! Probably no point in including the image version details as you'll be blue in the face updating them every time there is a new version;)