PDA

View Full Version : satellite freeview

danped
03-12-21, 15:27
Hi,

I'm a long time user of vu duo boxes and I have a duo 4k at present. I also have a tv with built in freeview and if I plug a satellite into it I can get a suite of channels. However I can;t get the satellite freeview channels on my vu duo. Is there a way of getting those same channels? Even if it is a different tuner I need to add inot the box, I have a spare slot. It seems they must be available somehow.

Thanks,
Dan

Andy_Hazza
03-12-21, 15:40
You will need one of these to be able to receive Freeview;

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/VU-Plus-Tuners/vu-plus-twin-t2-tuner-module-uno-4k-duo-4k-ultimo-4k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccs
03-12-21, 15:46
... that's a tuner for an aerial (freeview), not satellite, I think the OP needs to clarify exactly what he's using.

Andy_Hazza
03-12-21, 15:48
if I plug a satellite into it I can get a suite of channels.

With him saying the above I assumed he wanted Freeview?

adm
03-12-21, 16:24
Hi,

I'm a long time user of vu duo boxes and I have a duo 4k at present. I also have a tv with built in freeview and if I plug a satellite into it I can get a suite of channels. However I can;t get the satellite freeview channels on my vu duo. Is there a way of getting those same channels? Even if it is a different tuner I need to add inot the box, I have a spare slot. It seems they must be available somehow.

Thanks,
Dan

In general most people without a subscription in the UK go for Freesat or Sky Free to Air which mainly match those channels carried on terrestrial Freeview via an aerial.

Where are you getting your satellite signal from?
A dish pointing to 28.2 East or pointing at some other satellite.
If pointing to 28.2E what LNB is being used. Is it one for Sky Q or a universal LNB?

danped
03-12-21, 16:25
With him saying the above I assumed he wanted Freeview?

ccs is right I want the satellite version of freeview so would expect to use a satellite feed, however there are channels my tv receives which my box doesn't with the same satellite feed.

abu baniaz
03-12-21, 17:50
Just for reference purposes

Freeview = Channels received using an aerial
Free to View (FTV): Channels received via satellite, aerial or cable (virgin etc). They are free but you need a card with valid entitlements
Free To Air (FTA): Channels that are free to watch. You do not need a card. Some channels are free to air on Freeview but are not free to air on satellite or cable

abu baniaz
03-12-21, 17:54
Just to confirm, the satellite receiver has a signal wire connected to the satellite dish. You are wanting FTA ( free to air) satellite channels.
Can you please post a picture/screenshot of the scanning settings you are using.

abu baniaz
04-12-21, 00:30
Reading your thread from last year, you have an LNB with a Unicable output as well as universal ones. I am presuming that the TV has the universal output. If the assumption is correct, are you also charging the tuner config on Duo 4K when you swap cables around?

That being said, why are you swapping cables around? You should just leave Duo 4K hooked to unicable output of LNB.