PDA

View Full Version : Sperate Picons for LCD location ?

misiozol
30-11-21, 13:44
Well have installed picons to usr/share/enigma2/picons all working fine icons are shown in channel selection and on display however would like to have different picons for LCD display and for channel list , what would be location of picons for LCD, in menu under "menu>setup>user interface>front panel display>settings>Use seperate picon packfor front display" but there is no path for it, where it would be its location in flash ?

abu baniaz
30-11-21, 14:33
You have to create the folder yourself on your storage device/intel flash. There are two allowable names 'lcd_picon', and 'piconlcd'. Beset to use 'piconlcd' as that is what some other images use too.

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Dev-python3-compatible/lib/python/Components/Renderer/LcdPicon.py#L23

misiozol
30-11-21, 15:13
none of them working, still picons are not set, did try those names, question is should piconlcd folder be in picon folder or beside it ?

misiozol
30-11-21, 19:17
Something must be messed up as no matter what I do it's just do not see picons for LCD , I have used multiple names combinations with root folder, placing inside and both out side just in root and in share folder no luck , there must be bug in image

abu baniaz
01-12-21, 01:28
Please an exact list of the locations you are using and some example picon names. Debug log would be better.

The piconlcd folder must be separate/outside/beside the normal picon folder

Joe_90
01-12-21, 01:37
Just to add - in Setup/User Interface/Front Panel Display you need to set skin default to default+picon in order to display the picons on the LCD.

misiozol
01-12-21, 14:00
You actually read first post ? ALL IS WORKING I WANT SEPARATE LOOKING PICONS FOR LCD .

Joe_90
01-12-21, 14:07
You actually read first post ? ALL IS WORKING I WANT SEPARATE LOOKING PICONS FOR LCD .

A thousand apologies!

misiozol
01-12-21, 14:16
Please an exact list of the locations you are using and some example picon names. Debug log would be better.

The piconlcd folder must be separate/outside/beside the normal picon folder

locations and tested variants

/picon {standard picon folder with picons by service name/TP info, all working perfect, picons are in channel list and on display from this folder}
/usr/share/enigma2/picon, same as above working perfect

not working

/lcdpicon(s)
/picon(s)lcd
/lcd_picon(s)
/picon_lcd
/usr/share/enigma2/ {plus all folder variants from above lcdpicon,piconslcd etc.}

All diferent picons tested by service name/TP info diferent variaties of sizes none of them is working in lcd folders above, but working perfect with picon regular folder and is displayed in channel list and on lcd no issue there when in options chosen {not to seperate icons pack for lcd} , if chosen yes to separate have VIX name on LCD instead of picon .

A thousand apologies!

No problem ;)

ccs
01-12-21, 14:28
Not sure if this is relevant.....

I have reported issue to Gigablue. It seems they have a problem dealing with 8bit images. This includes the default_picon in images. Convert to 32 bit and they are fine.

May I take the opportunity to remind people ViX has function to use a separate picon folder for LCD picons. They can be placed in a folder called picon_lcd

Menu > Setup > Front Panel Display > Settings > Use separate picon pack for front display

misiozol
01-12-21, 14:36
Not sure if this is relevant.....

Picons are working perfect, issue is with LCD picons. please read from begining.

ccs
01-12-21, 15:04
Picons are working perfect, issue is with LCD picons. please read from begining.

I did, as you are wanting to use different lcd picons, I thought it might have helped, but obviously not.

misiozol
01-12-21, 15:34
Picons are working and are good and are shown, there is issue with image, as if it would be with picons they would not work at all ;) , however if you have any picons 32bit please send few and I will give it a go who knows maybe it's so simple .

Huevos
01-12-21, 18:52
Sorry to ask the obvious, but...

Did you actually enable the use of separate location for LCD picons in Front panel settings, because the default is "no"?

misiozol
01-12-21, 21:23
Sorry to ask the obvious, but...

Did you actually enable the use of separate location for LCD picons in Front panel settings, because the default is "no"?

Now c'mon serously ? Please read post no. 9

Huevos
01-12-21, 22:05
Doesn't say anything about that setting in post #9.

abu baniaz
02-12-21, 01:22
There is no need for attitude/aggression when people are trying to help solve the problem.

I have re-tested the functionality and confirm it is working as intended and described. If you want help to solve the problem you are experiencing, please attach your debug log as well as the file called settings located in /etc/enigma2. Please change the time format for your debug log to local time.

In my settings file I have this entry as a result of enabling the option
config.lcd.picon_pack=True

as well as following for front panel skin
config.skin.display_skin=skin_default/skin_display_picon.xml

my debug log has these entries

00:10:35.6480 [PiconLocator] adding path: /picon/
00:10:50.7149 Current Picon Path : /picon/
00:10:53.9854 [PiconLocator] adding path: /media/usb/piconlcd/
00:10:54.2877 [ePicLoad] decode picture... /media/usb/piconlcd/bbconelon.png

abu baniaz
02-12-21, 01:27
I even tested with having the GUI picons in /usr/share/enigma2/picon and the LCD picons in /media/usb/piconlcd

and also separate folder on internal flash
00:30:05.6352 [PiconLocator] adding path: /piconlcd/
00:30:06.0220 [ePicLoad] decode picture... /piconlcd/bbconelon.png

misiozol
02-12-21, 10:15
as stated in post #9

All diferent picons tested by service name/TP info diferent variaties of sizes none of them is working in lcd folders above, but working perfect with picon regular folder and is displayed in channel list and on lcd no issue there when in options chosen {not to seperate icons pack for lcd} ,

if chosen yes to separate have VIX name on LCD instead of picon .

ccs
02-12-21, 10:40
... then you need to re-read post #17.

abu baniaz
02-12-21, 14:55
To investigate/fix the problem:

1. Please attach the file called "settings".
It is in /etc/enigma2 FTP it to PC, zip it then upload to forum

2. Attach your debug log

To enable debug logs:
Debug logging is enabled as follows:
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Logs -> Enable debug logs = yes, and then GUI Restart.
Please set the time option to local time

To attach files to forum, guide is here if you need it:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44054-How-to-take-screen-shots-How-to-attach-files

misiozol
04-12-21, 11:39
Problem solved .

ccs
04-12-21, 12:01
Problem solved .

It would be helpful to let everyone know what the issue was.

misiozol
04-12-21, 23:05
It would be helpful to let everyone know what the issue was.

Have no idea just installed OpenPLi, have no time to play around :P