PDA

View Full Version : We will not hack OpenViX 6.0 for a faulty plugin even if other distros will

wawa16
26-11-21, 09:49
There are problems with enigma 2

< 159.7752> 13:31:50.4185 File "skin applet", line 39, in <module>
< 159.7756> 13:31:50.4188 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.py", line 1211, in __init__
< 159.7777> 13:31:50.4209 _enigma.ePoint_swiginit(self, _enigma.new_ePoint(*args))
< 159.7778> 13:31:50.4210 TypeError: in method 'new_ePoint', argument 2 of type 'int'
Additional information:
Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'new_ePoint'.

When you use some plugins, you get many issues
but other teams, there are no such problems

ccs
26-11-21, 09:58
Which plugins? I guess RaedQuickSignal is one of them?

wawa16
26-11-21, 10:02
plugin cams tunisiasat active code
RaedQuickSignal

johnhoe
26-11-21, 10:02
I fear that although Vix 6 is a very brave and innovative image, as (almost uniquely) it uses the much more up to date and therefore much more secure Python 3. That until more Py2 plugins can be converted, it will remain a second choice image for many due to the many incompatibilities.

wawa16
26-11-21, 10:05
but this pluguins work fine in other team py3
only openvix py3 You get problems

ccs
26-11-21, 10:06
I fear that although Vix 6 is a very brave and innovative image, as (almost uniquely) it uses the much more up to date and therefore much more secure Python 3. That until more Py2 plugins can be converted, it will remain a second choice image for many due to the many incompatibilities.

Maybe you can enlighten us with the problems you've encountered ?

wawa16
26-11-21, 10:28
RaedQuickSignal

When you click on the “Text” button, the frequency signal dont appears
openvix crashed

in other team work correct
example : egami py3
openatv py3

example : plugin cams tunisia-sat active code

johnhoe
26-11-21, 10:54
Maybe you can enlighten us with the problems you've encountered ?

Xtream IPTV (py2) incompatible at present
Cant get HibbtV to work, works fine with other images
Motor Rotor works better with other images. With Vix motor "sticks"
Softcam hangs (even with mods provided) on MIPS receivers (I have Edision Mega as one receiver)
Pluto TV plugin incompatible (py2)
etc etc

wawa16
26-11-21, 10:59
problem is enigma2 openvix
i don't use and test other pluins but redquik singal and dreamsat panel modified by devlopper and work in py3 perfect

wawa16
26-11-21, 11:08
He advised me to use an old version py2 because the problem is from the enigma2

all plugins work perfect in py3 in other team see you py2 && py3

wawa16
26-11-21, 11:14
a summary
There are many problems with enigma2 in openvix py3 6
i test all build 1 + 2 + 3

ccs
26-11-21, 11:22
You are the first person to ever mention RaedQuickSignal. Is it on the ViX plugin feeds? I can't find it.

wawa16
26-11-21, 11:26
wget http://tunisia-dreambox.info/TSplugins/RaedQuickSignal/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

wget -q "--no-check-certificate" http://ipkinstall.ath.cx/ipk-install/DreamSatPanel/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

twol
26-11-21, 12:09
Xtream IPTV (py2) incompatible at present
Cant get HibbtV to work, works fine with other images
Motor Rotor works better with other images. With Vix motor "sticks"
Softcam hangs (even with mods provided) on MIPS receivers (I have Edision Mega as one receiver)
Pluto TV plugin incompatible (py2)
etc etc

Xstream ? Xstreamity works fine, and another user posted that after discussions Xstream was being fixed …. Google for the post. There are plenty of alternatives.
Softcam hangs - you have choice of using SoftcamManager or Softcam script (exactly like OpenPli, OpenATV) and Oscam is built like OpenPli/OpenATV … so apart from that what do you want?
…. The softcam script part works just like the other images and having spent ages looking at this, its in my view a memory issue on thes older boxes, leading to swapping delays.

Pluto TV - thats same for all py3 images - let me know where it is and if I have time will look at it
Motor rotor - 1st I have seen - talk to Huevos, he writes a lot of the code used by ALL images
HbbTV - which box? This was fixed by Huevos a few months ago for the old Vu+ MIPS boxes - on my (non Vu+) boxes it works fine

wawa16
26-11-21, 12:38
Pluto TV work perfect in py3 openatv && egami 10 py3
available on server Tunisa-sat dreamsat pluging

twol
26-11-21, 12:49
Pluto TV work perfect in py3 openatv && egami 10 py3
available on server Tunisa-sat dreamsat pluging

give me the download........

wawa16
26-11-21, 12:51
pluto tv py3

openvix 6 py3

twol
26-11-21, 13:17
There are problems with enigma 2

< 159.7752> 13:31:50.4185 File "skin applet", line 39, in <module>
< 159.7756> 13:31:50.4188 File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/enigma.py", line 1211, in __init__
< 159.7777> 13:31:50.4209 _enigma.ePoint_swiginit(self, _enigma.new_ePoint(*args))
< 159.7778> 13:31:50.4210 TypeError: in method 'new_ePoint', argument 2 of type 'int'
Additional information:
Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'new_ePoint'.

When you use some plugins, you get many issues
but other teams, there are no such problems
1. where does the code failure in the code box come from its not in the crash log?
its also a python3 error in python code because somebody has called epoint invalidly - can you supply more failure information so I can see which module(s) issued the ePoint?
2. the crash log is because of an invalid call from RaedQuickSignal/plugin.py to ChannelSelection and fails because only one copy of ChannelSelection is allowed to run.(Assert test for running copy)
It worked in python2 because Assert's were ignored, but in python3 they are executed.
The code works in OpenATV because somebody has hacked the code to allow it through(which avoids the whole point of the Assert)

twol
26-11-21, 13:24
wget http://tunisia-dreambox.info/TSplugins/RaedQuickSignal/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

wget -q "--no-check-certificate" http://ipkinstall.ath.cx/ipk-install/DreamSatPanel/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh

I will have a play with RaedQuickSignal this afternoon!

wawa16
26-11-21, 13:24
i change select key TexT with Radio Key in remote same issuses

wawa16
26-11-21, 13:32
plugin cams tunisia-sat active code panel when to download any thing
just press green key for download vu+ restarte and Gets crash

twol
26-11-21, 13:33
i change select key TexT with Radio Key in remote same issuses
that's same Assert error .................................................. .I will look at the code later, need to walk the dog

Would like to see the dump with ePoint crash

wawa16
26-11-21, 13:59
that's same Assert error .................................................. .I will look at the code later, need to walk the dog

Would like to see the dump with ePoint crash

alright
good day :thumbsup:

twol
26-11-21, 16:15
pluto tv py3

openvix 6 py3

OK, Pluto installed, downloads the bouquets etc and runs everything in the bouquets - but how do you get to the screens you posted????

spevs
26-11-21, 16:53
Anyone having issues with YouTube plugin on Vix 6, I am running 6.0.3 but my boxes crash when I try to download a YouTube video, had no issues on 5.0.16.

For the record, Xtream Editor will work on Vix 6, install XE 3.1.1 via Putty............Spevs

twol
26-11-21, 18:15
Anyone having issues with YouTube plugin on Vix 6, I am running 6.0.3 but my boxes crash when I try to download a YouTube video, had no issues on 5.0.16.

For the record, Xtream Editor will work on Vix 6, install XE 3.1.1 via Putty............Spevs
Need crash log!

widar
26-11-21, 18:21
I have a problem on 6.003 with the cccam info, cccam is running well, but in the cccam info page, in softcammanager, pointing to servers or other things, i get the messages that web page is missing or something like that. Not a big thing, but
still an issue. I have it on both my zgemma H7 and H9 boxes. Any advice is welcome.

twol
26-11-21, 18:42
I have a problem on 6.003 with the cccam info, cccam is running well, but in the cccam info page, in softcammanager, pointing to servers or other things, i get the messages that web page is missing or something like that. Not a big thing, but
still an issue. I have it on both my zgemma H7 and H9 boxes. Any advice is welcome.
Huevos has just made some changes, but not sure if this is resolved.
Can you post a debug log so that we can perhaps see any issues

johnhoe
26-11-21, 19:06
Xstream ? Xstreamity works fine, and another user posted that after discussions Xstream was being fixed …. Google for the post. There are plenty of alternatives.
Softcam hangs - you have choice of using SoftcamManager or Softcam script (exactly like OpenPli, OpenATV) and Oscam is built like OpenPli/OpenATV … so apart from that what do you want?
…. The softcam script part works just like the other images and having spent ages looking at this, its in my view a memory issue on thes older boxes, leading to swapping delays.

Pluto TV - thats same for all py3 images - let me know where it is and if I have time will look at it
Motor rotor - 1st I have seen - talk to Huevos, he writes a lot of the code used by ALL images
HbbTV - which box? This was fixed by Huevos a few months ago for the old Vu+ MIPS boxes - on my (non Vu+) boxes it works fine

In order...
Xtream appears according to other posts as needing a re-write from Py2 to py3. Individual versions are used, depending on provider so I think we are relying on an update from the Xtream people.
@Spevs ... Can a download of the XE 3.1.1 via Putty fix this. If so what is the correct Command line?

The Softcam problem.. as you know is well know to you (and me) and although the startup workaround works (only needed for Mips boxes) Oscam still hangs eventually on my Mips boxes on Vix 6 and on Vix 5.
This is not a problem restricted to Vix 6 or Py3 I know. I believe the solution is to buy a non MIPS, ARM box? Yes?

Pluto TV (Vix 6 on Sf8008) seems to need other libraries to work... specifically the "opkg install python-requests" libraries. I cannot get this request to work on Vix 6 (maybe not needed?)

I will revisit the motor rotor problem if needed with Huevos - thanks.

HibbTV did not work with me with either Zgemma H9, Edision OsMega or my recent Octagon SF8008 with Vix 5 or 6, but I agree it did work (from memory) with my old VU+ Solo2 box.
This works fine with other Py2 images such as OpenEight 6.8 for my SF8008. Twol you have that Octagon box don't you?

twol
26-11-21, 19:39
In order...
Xtream appears according to other posts as needing a re-write from Py2 to py3. Individual versions are used, depending on provider so I think we are relying on an update from the Xtream people.
@Spevs ... Can a download of the XE 3.1.1 via Putty fix this. If so what is the correct Command line?

The Softcam problem.. as you know is well know to you (and me) and although the startup workaround works (only needed for Mips boxes) Oscam still hangs eventually on my Mips boxes on Vix 6 and on Vix 5.
This is not a problem restricted to Vix 6 or Py3 I know. I believe the solution is to buy a non MIPS, ARM box? Yes?

Pluto TV (Vix 6 on Sf8008) seems to need other libraries to work... specifically the "opkg install python-requests" libraries. I cannot get this request to work on Vix 6 (maybe not needed?)

I will revisit the motor rotor problem if needed with Huevos - thanks.

HibbTV did not work with me with either Zgemma H9, Edision OsMega or my recent Octagon SF8008 with Vix 5 or 6, but I agree it did work (from memory) with my old VU+ Solo2 box.
This works fine with other Py2 images such as OpenEight 6.8 for my SF8008. Twol you have that Octagon box don't you?
Oscam seems fine on 4K boxes(Arm, HiSilicon)
Pluto is working for me, but probably missing some info as I cannot reproduce screens posted, but bouqutes etc all working.
Have RaedQuickSignal working as well
Will try HbbTV tomorrow (hopefully) on H9, SF8008 (cannot remember trying on h9 - certainly not SF8008, hate the box) , but works last time I tried on Giga4K and Edision Mio4K

Ev0
26-11-21, 20:08

opkg install python3-requests ;)

Then you will need to force install the ipk with opkg install --force-depends "name of plugin".ipk (replace name of plugin and the quotes with the ipk name)

twol
26-11-21, 20:14
opkg install python3-requests ;)

Then you will need to force install the ipk with opkg install --force-depends "name of plugin".ipk (replace name of plugin and the quotes with the ipk name)

We are currently replacing much of the depreciated code as we go and often using requests so the library is installed.

Huevos
27-11-21, 01:59
Huevos has just made some changes, but not sure if this is resolved.
Can you post a debug log so that we can perhaps see any issuesThat works.

No show stopper. They are just info screens. No functional loss. Will be in 6.0.004

Huevos
27-11-21, 02:04

For the record, Xtream Editor will work on Vix 6, install XE 3.1.1 via Putty............SpevsFor me it works fine in 6.0.004

spevs
27-11-21, 04:48
Need crash log!

Here you go 62954

twol
27-11-21, 07:15
Here you go 62954

Youtube py3 error, need to look at olugin and change code

spevs
27-11-21, 11:42
For me it works fine in 6.0.004

Hi Huevos, I can watch videos on 6.0.3 but box crashes when I go into Menu and try to download them, is this the same for you....?

twol
27-11-21, 12:36
Hi Huevos, I can watch videos on 6.0.3 but box crashes when I go into Menu and try to download them, is this the same for you....?

see post #36

twol
27-11-21, 12:48
RaedQuickSignal

When you click on the “Text” button, the frequency signal dont appears
openvix crashed

in other team work correct
example : egami py3
openatv py3

example : plugin cams tunisia-sat active code

OK lots of issues in this plugin due to modules like skin renderer not being py3'ed and causing endless posts in the debug log.
The following attachments allow it to run on OpenViX and also try to resolve some of the render issues and I have killed the debug
The included skins need looking at as they are not passing the service name correctly to the renderer e.g. BBC1 is seen as BBC, so it cannot find the picon.
The plugin change to fix the assert error, should work on other images and needs to be copied to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/RaedQuickSignal
the renderer module needs copying to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer
then reboot

twol
27-11-21, 13:20

@spevs, can you try this for your youtube issue, copy to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/YouTube and reboot

wawa16
27-11-21, 13:32
any thing to change same issues

spevs
27-11-21, 14:16
@spevs, can you try this for your youtube issue, copy to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/YouTube and reboot

Twol, your amazing that's fixed it, Thanks very much........................:thumbsup:

twol
27-11-21, 14:33
Twol, your amazing that's fixed it, Thanks very much........................:thumbsup:
This is a general comment (not aimed at you!) but starting to get really peeved by teh doesn‘t work on OpenViX but does on other Images! …… when I find these plugins neeed fixing for python3 and I can only assume that either the user is wrong or the other images have fixed their image rather than the plugin.

wawa16
27-11-21, 14:42
This is a general comment (not aimed at you!) but starting to get really peeved by teh doesn‘t work on OpenViX but does on other Images! …… when I find these plugins neeed fixing for python3 and I can only assume that either the user is wrong or the other images have fixed their image rather than the plugin.

the plugins it work to first time on other team without fixing anything

twol
27-11-21, 14:56
the plugins it work to first time on other team without fixing anything

Thats because they hacked their image not the plugin …. This plugin has not been in general py3‘ed and when you see the Vu copyright date on some of the components, they are ages old ..
If you don‘t believe me then use the other images or fix it yourself

Huevos
27-11-21, 16:21
the plugins it work to first time on other team without fixing anythingThose images have been hacked so broken plugins work. Correct way is to fix the plugins, not hack the image.

try:
assert ...
except:
pass

The assert is there to tell us the plugin is broken. Just wrapping it in a try/except block is not the cleverest idea... but if you don't know how to fix the plugin...

Peeps need to stop blaming OpenViX for other people's crap coding skills.

widar
27-11-21, 19:06
debuglog from zgemma 9, cccam info page, says webpage not found. Sorry for the delay.

Huevos
27-11-21, 23:11
debuglog from zgemma 9, cccam info page, says webpage not found. Sorry for the delay.

This was already fixed. You can either download the fix from github or wait for the next public release.

wawa16
28-11-21, 11:16
The image has been deleted and I will not use this image in the future because the developer has put the solution to slove the problem for you, but it was rejected by them and your code is wrong
goob bye

twol
28-11-21, 12:00
The image has been deleted and I will not use this image in the future because the developer has put the solution to slove the problem for you, but it was rejected by them and your code is wrong
goob bye

its sad when plugin developers expect the image to be hacked to support their plugin, and even sadder when a change is given to them for the plugin that will run across images and they still expect the image to be changed.

Huevos
28-11-21, 13:38
goob bye
Who are you to know or say what is wrong? We offered a proper solution for this hack plugin. If you don't want to use our image that's up to you. It won't make any difference for us.

wawa16
28-11-21, 13:52
The worst image I used, Like the rest of the images
You always complicate things
Your politics, everyone will give up your image
The plugin works on 15 images without problems, except for this miserable image

Huevos
28-11-21, 15:44
Solution offered, but rejected by the user. We will not hack our image for a fault plugin even if that is acceptable elsewhere. We put stability before hacks.