PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's Time for a New STB

keith0509
19-11-21, 10:02
Hi guys,
I currently have a Vu+ Solo4k and it has served me very well over the years but I am now looking to replace it with something that runs quicker.
I would be looking for the new STB to have at least the same Twin Sat tuners in it but I also want it to be able to handle IPTV flawlessly with options of apps/plugins to use to watch the IPTV.
I would also require that the new STB could house a SSD internally.
Oh and finally it must be capable of running a VIX image :)

Any suggestions would be grateful

BobbyC
12-12-21, 20:17
My vu duo 4k does all of that no issues, I have Freesat on one tuner, hotbird on the other, saorview on the terrestrial tuner, get m3u from my provider, and incorporate those channels into the EPG in their own bouquets via e-channelizer, e-chan let's you use local memory, or a swap file.. works for me. I'm not against any new boxes, but I have this a few years and can't complain about it

Huevos
13-12-21, 00:39
Hi guys,
I currently have a Vu+ Solo4k and it has served me very well over the years but I am now looking to replace it with something that runs quicker.
I would be looking for the new STB to have at least the same Twin Sat tuners in it but I also want it to be able to handle IPTV flawlessly with options of apps/plugins to use to watch the IPTV.
I would also require that the new STB could house a SSD internally.
Oh and finally it must be capable of running a VIX image :)

Any suggestions would be grateful

Even today, 6 years after Solo4K release it is still pretty top of the range. Duo 4K SE is the current top of the range Vu. Has a better processor but not sure it will be much quicker.

BTW, there are lot of top quality boxes now for a lot less money, e.g. Zgemma H7, twin satellite tuners and 1 terrestrial, internal 2.5 hdd, and pretty snappy, with kodi and stalker for only 109 quid from the sponser (once back in stock).

meerkatproff
15-12-21, 09:53
BobbyC, what provider? What M3U?