PDA

View Full Version : Zgemma 9s se Backup

valparra
17-11-21, 21:42
l Have just setup a new Zgemma 9s se and although working on openvix 5.4 16 when backing up it takes a long time and on some occaions it timesout. It seems to get to 81/100 and then hangs. Not sure the reason as l belive l have setup the swap file correctly
Any help would be welcome

valparra
18-11-21, 10:45
I have tried to upgrade to version 6.0.2 but unable to as the start tries to backup setting

I am able create a an imagebackup under 5.4.16 but the back up is not sucessful ?

adm
18-11-21, 11:41
I have tried to upgrade to version 6.0.2 but unable to as the start tries to backup setting

I am able create a an imagebackup under 5.4.16 but the back up is not sucessful ?

Where is the backup being saved? Is there enough space on your backup device?
While in menu -> setup -> Vix -> image manager press menu again to check/select the backup location.

Do the same with your settings backup location
menu -> setup -> Vix -> backup manager press menu again to check/select the backup location

BTW, it is normal for image backups to take many minutes with the indicator bar appearing to stall for long periods during this activity.

ccs
18-11-21, 11:50
You can also disable a settings backup before updating if you think it will help this issue....

twol
18-11-21, 13:23
l Have just setup a new Zgemma 9s se and although working on openvix 5.4 16 when backing up it takes a long time and on some occaions it timesout. It seems to get to 81/100 and then hangs. Not sure the reason as l belive l have setup the swap file correctly
Any help would be welcome
Really donˋt know why you need swap file, this is not like the h9s which had limited flash (hence the facility to move root to sd card for h9s).
Also as advised by adm go to ViX plugin ———-> BackupManager and then hit the menu button and find where the settings backußps are being saved - ensure its saving to a valid hdd/usb device

valparra
18-11-21, 18:31
Hi
Thanks for all the inputs and confirm my issue has been resolved

Many thanks

twol
18-11-21, 21:54
Hi
Thanks for all the inputs and confirm my issue has been resolved

Many thanks

What was the issue?

valparra
19-11-21, 00:01
Useing the "BackupManager and then hit the menu button" it showed that it was going to the wrong location
Noe set to media/mmcbk1 nand back up is being completed ishort space of time, Not hanging at all

I have deleted the swap file as you indicated and will look at the upgrade to 6.02 tomorrow
Thanks

adm
19-11-21, 09:57
Useing the "BackupManager and then hit the menu button" it showed that it was going to the wrong location
Noe set to media/mmcbk1 nand back up is being completed ishort space of time, Not hanging at all

I have deleted the swap file as you indicated and will look at the upgrade to 6.02 tomorrow
Thanks

What you may want to do is recover the space on the device that previously had the "faulty" backups
Go back into menu -> setup -> Vix -> backup manager press menu again and set up the previous location/device. Then menu -> setup -> Vix -> backup manager and delete the backus you find there. Then setup your new location again.

Do the same with image manager.

Maybe also check after the update that that your backup location is still pointing to your new location.