PDA

View Full Version : Small Problem With OCTAGON SF 8008

Jaxter
17-11-21, 08:03
Hi all my Vu Duo finally gave up the ghost, it works but needs switching on and off from the back anywhere from 3 to 10 times, with a lengthy wait before knowing if its going to boot or not.
Already did the fix where you solder on a new capacitor once, and thought it had served me long enough so time to try something new. I have opted for the Octagon as my needs are relatively basic, dual wires into the back of the receiver hard drive attatched as long as i have a working epg i set the days recordings over breakfast watch late evening job done.
My problem is when i try to go into deep standby the box blanks to just the skin on screen like its about to go into deep standby but instead i get the vix spinning logo in the corner briefly and it just goes back to the channel i was watching when i tried to turn it off, so in a nutshell my box wont go into deep standby, any ideas.
Thanks

adm
17-11-21, 09:53
Hi all my Vu Duo finally gave up the ghost, it works but needs switching on and off from the back anywhere from 3 to 10 times, with a lengthy wait before knowing if its going to boot or not.
Already did the fix where you solder on a new capacitor once, and thought it had served me long enough so time to try something new. I have opted for the Octagon as my needs are relatively basic, dual wires into the back of the receiver hard drive attatched as long as i have a working epg i set the days recordings over breakfast watch late evening job done.
My problem is when i try to go into deep standby the box blanks to just the skin on screen like its about to go into deep standby but instead i get the vix spinning logo in the corner briefly and it just goes back to the channel i was watching when i tried to turn it off, so in a nutshell my box wont go into deep standby, any ideas.
Thanks

Is it still recording or about to start recording?

Will the box go into standby (with a blank screen)?

twol
17-11-21, 12:21
Thanks
1. what image, what version???
2. Need to see debug logs - menu/setup/system/logs/settings …. Turn on and save to hdd not flash.

Jaxter
17-11-21, 17:36
No it isnt recording or about to start recording, and im running ViX image 6.0.002, opted to have it pre installed from shop. also the box will go into regular standby just not deep standby.

cactikid
17-11-21, 17:44
Might i ask where epg is been saved to and not internal flash.

Huevos
18-11-21, 02:16
No problem with mine going to deep.

Jaxter
18-11-21, 21:14
it was set to save to internal flash i have now changed it to external hard drive but the problem persists.