PDA

View Full Version : Unable to flash openvix

porttastic
11-11-21, 00:13
Hello

So got a new sf8008 (second one and already have a 4008, also had a few other ones over the years).

I am following all the guides and I can't flash openvix, the box came with openatv. It has the recovery menu already installed, once I boot to recovery won't see any usb drive, even though it mounts and it's the same one I used on the other boxes inclusive the other sf8008.
Also the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.

Tried resetting, restart and flash the recovery again but nothing.

Any ideas?

johnhoe
11-11-21, 01:43
This sounds strange (maybe a box malfunction) as with a new flash recovery you should be able to reflash from network or usb and you can do neither.
Maybe do a box reset (reset button) and try restoring another recovery menu from another usb (also use alternate usb socket).
Are you using the micro sd card to extend the multiboot slots? If so, the card may be faulty... remove and retry with just the 4 flash slots provided without it.

twol
11-11-21, 08:24
Hello

So got a new sf8008 (second one and already have a 4008, also had a few other ones over the years).

I am following all the guides and I can't flash openvix, the box came with openatv. It has the recovery menu already installed, once I boot to recovery won't see any usb drive, even though it mounts and it's the same one I used on the other boxes inclusive the other sf8008.
Also the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.

Any ideas?
If it comes with OpenATV, why don't you use the flash image facility in ATV to flash OpenViX, much simpler than using the firmware to flash from usb or online ?

porttastic
11-11-21, 10:04
If it comes with OpenATV, why don't you use the flash image facility in ATV to flash OpenViX, much simpler than using the firmware to flash from usb or online ?

If understand correct you saying to go to "flash online" and select local, correct?
If yes there isn't that option, only say "Flash on the fly" - +7.0BETA, =6.4 RELAESE.

porttastic
11-11-21, 10:08
[QUOTE=johnhoe;518467]This sounds strange (maybe a box malfunction) as with a new flash recovery you should be able to reflash from network or usb and you can do neither.
Maybe do a box reset (reset button) and try restoring another recovery menu from another usb (also use alternate usb socket).
Are you using the micro sd card to extend the multiboot slots? If so, the card may be faulty... remove and retry with just the 4 flash slots provided without it.[/QUOT

Thanks for the reply, I am not using micro sd. Also resetting on the software. What's the other reset?

twol
11-11-21, 11:54
If understand correct you saying to go to "flash online" and select local, correct?
If yes there isn't that option, only say "Flash on the fly" - +7.0BETA, =6.4 RELAESE.

Long press blue button will take you to software management and flash online == flash on the fly

porttastic
11-11-21, 13:37
Long press blue button will take you to software management and flash online == flash on the fly

There isn't an option to flash anything else apart from the 7.0 beta and 6.4 release. At the bottom only says Cancel and Expand.
I have seen this option somewhere else but it's not showing for me.

twol
11-11-21, 14:02
use filezilla to copy the OpenViX image to the device you are using as a HDD (usb or HDD) ... copy into "images" directory
then flash on the fly should find it for you.

johnhoe
11-11-21, 16:00
What's the other reset?
There is a red reset button on the back of the Sf8008. Don't really know what it does exactly... it might help!

porttastic
11-11-21, 17:23
use filezilla to copy the OpenViX image to the device you are using as a HDD (usb or HDD) ... copy into "images" directory
then flash on the fly should find it for you.

Got it now finally, this last suggestion worked. Many thanks.

Huevos
15-11-21, 18:06
the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.

Please test this again.

Sicilian
15-11-21, 18:29
Hello

Any ideas?

This maybe fixed now, are you able to test please?