PDA

View Full Version : FAO Pheonix

Stanman
18-02-11, 15:25
In the edge nemesis image for the 7020 you mentioned you were going to install it. Have you done it and is it better than PLI1.0?
Thinking of putting if on my box

Larry-G
18-02-11, 15:30
LOL i have just literally this second turned my box on to install it. although i need to do a few things first as i'm going to put this one into the flash memory replacing gemini.
ill post back once it's done.

Sicilian
18-02-11, 15:33
Do me a favour please m8, if their feeds has newcs please.

Also does this need some extras file to install cams etc..?

Larry-G
18-02-11, 15:34
i'll give you a hollar once it's installed to let you know.

Larry-G
18-02-11, 17:03
ok so that was a monster pain in the arse !.

tried flashing the box via the browser as i have done hundreds of times in the past and it kept timing out mid flash, had to resort to DreamUp and the trusty RS232 null modem cable ( worth it's weight in gold that bugger ). any hoo after a long wait the box is now flashed.

so far so good, after boot up add the usual long and lat to get things moving.
then go to setup / nemesis panel / then blue button / download addons. this will take you into the EDG Nemesis download server where you can download picons / skins / bouquets / epg data etc.
only thing i cant find at the present moment is softcams although thats no real problem as i can very easily add those my self.

so far every things seems ok with this image although i really dont have the time to test any further at the moment. one thing i will say is i'm liking this image over the gemeni images i have used for many years and the openpli image iv'e used pretty much since launch, every thing just feels more professional and more thought out with this image.

Stanman
18-02-11, 19:25
Well thats me buggered as I don't have a null modem to fix it should the flash fail.

Larry-G
18-02-11, 19:27
i doubt it was any thing to do with the image, as it has happened to me before but i could not be bothered to find out why. i had the null modem handy and thought i'd go for that instead.

Larry-G
18-02-11, 19:34
p.s a good way to try new images without risk loosing the original is to put a HDD into the box and use FLASHWIZARD_6_3 to make it into a multi boot system. mine now has EDG in the flash and open pli in multi boot.

Stanman
18-02-11, 19:43
Well its installed and just doing the sat scan.
To be honest one image is enough I just wanted a 7 day EPG which week3.2B has and is listed as being included in this image. Its the wifes box so just for an easy life want to set up recordings for her.

does it have IPK installer in the image?

Larry-G
18-02-11, 19:44
not really looked too deep into it yet

Stanman
18-02-11, 21:26
So far looking good everything set up, PICON were a pain to sort out otherwise it was pretty good.
Menu is not as easy as PLI unless you know your way around.

Any idea how to back up image?

Larry-G
18-02-11, 21:44
i dont do backups, as once flashed it literally takes ten minutes to setup.

Stanman
18-02-11, 21:47
Suppose your right, all told took me 20 minutes but next time probably a lot faster as know the image better.

Larry-G
18-02-11, 21:49
Suppose your right, all told took me 20 minutes but next time probably a lot faster as know the image better.

yeah thats the worst thing getting your head round a new image. but once done you know what your doing next time.

Stanman
22-02-11, 21:38
Phoenix, the EDG 4.4 you posted has.no file or Link?

Larry-G
22-02-11, 21:41
it did have mate not sure where it has gone, and the EDG site is down so i cant download a new copy.
i'll bin the post untill i can get a new copy. although to be fair i would not personally downgrade from 5.0 to 4.4

Stanman
23-02-11, 11:16
it did have mate not sure where it has gone, and the EDG site is down so i cant download a new copy.
i'll bin the post untill i can get a new copy. although to be fair i would not personally downgrade from 5.0 to 4.4

I like 5 but there is a bug in it, everytime I set up a timer it bloody restarts. Noticed 4 was more or less the same thought would try it.

Stanman
26-02-11, 12:44
Hey Pheonix,
How did you mount your USB in the PCD E2 image and load boquets? tried DBE with E1 & 2 settings and it cant find the folder?

Update
Scrub the bouquets that sorted was a blond moment. I had to change engima type in settings but no joy on the manual install of trgz file

Larry-G
26-02-11, 13:29
LOL. like i said mate. i barely managed to install this image into multi boot when i got a call to go fox shooting. so i never really dabbled with it.

Stanman
26-02-11, 13:41
Its a nice image but can get the bloody emu to install.

Larry-G
26-02-11, 14:08
as it's a E2 image i would imaging a DM e2 ipk file would work.

Stanman
26-02-11, 14:57
that explains it as I had a tgz file. even going into tools and pmt.tmp did not work even though the file was seen.

Stanman
26-02-11, 15:18
Tried an IPK one as well didnt like it, assume it was not designed for this image and google is not a fine of PCD as cant find any references to it. Nice image but this is letting it down. As well as the inability to mount USB for recordings.