PDA

View Full Version : Wireless settings wont save

canthackit
23-05-10, 11:05
Hi Ya
i've just re-installed Dream Elite from VTI and i've had this problem on both, i set up the WLAN evrything works fine, then i download the various addons i want, then at some stage the network stops working.

i go into network setup and the WLAN has been deleted, but whenever i reset it up again and SAVE it it just keeps restting itself to "No"

i've tried and tried and tried and it just wont "SAVE" the seetings, does anybody have the answer please, and please dont say yes use a cable:D

thanks & regards: canthackit

bob1
23-05-10, 11:20
Try rebooting enigma after you have saved your settings.

canthackit
23-05-10, 12:57
thanks for the reply mate, no that didn't work.

i have managed to get it working, i'd installed sicilian's egg timer spinner 'cos like him i hate twee dice, but my VU+ in turn don't like his spiiner.

but now that threw up another problem, now it wont allow me to install the Graphical EPG, i've downloaded it from the plugins from both the version from EPG setting's and Recordings it says downloaded and reboots but it aint there it just wont install.

bloody hell i never had these problems with the DB800.

regards: canthackit

Sicilian
23-05-10, 13:04
m8, slow down lol.

Right first I re-flash your Dream Elite image.

The reason wireless lan probably wasn't saving was because of the setting was most likely wrong.

The graphical epg is already installed in the Dream Elite image, hold down the blue button for a few seconds ;)

Regards the spinner, dream elite now have a plugin to change the spinner, press green button for addons.

canthackit
23-05-10, 14:11
sorry mate.

did all that many times, still the same, the Mulit Graghical stiil wont install, got the WLAN working though.

the spinner ie the egg timer (yours) is not in the spinner download.

i've got the cogs atm.

still the Graphical EPG wont install, all i've got is the default EPG guide and that's rubbish, i've installed the one i want many times>plugins>manage plugins>recordings>Graphical EPG and not from the >plugins> EPG downloads.

canthackit
23-05-10, 14:16
sorry no edit.
just to add, so long as i didn't install the egg timer i could setup the WLAN and i will save, but it just wont have it with the egg timer spinner installed.
i've shutdown and re-installed so many times i'm going giddy.:D

regards@ canthackit

Sicilian
23-05-10, 14:25
sorry no edit.
just to add, so long as i didn't install the egg timer i could setup the WLAN and i will save, but it just wont have it with the egg timer spinner installed.
i've shutdown and re-installed so many times i'm going giddy.:D

regards@ canthackit

Strange, cant see how the egg timer icons stop it saving.

You dont need to install the graphical epg, its already installed, hold down blue button ;)

canthackit
23-05-10, 17:34
yes mate i know.

sorry about digressing from the original subject, maybe i should start another thread.

but that is still not the Graphical EPG that referred i to, if you go to the file paths i mentioned above you'll see what i mean, i 've installed them in the past, even upto a couple of days ago, maybe it's the skin i'm using Capa's concinnity.

just one final point in the relevant downloads there's a globe that becomes highlighted when download and installtion is successfull, well no matter how many times i try it never is.

canthackit
23-05-10, 17:41
@ sicilian

i'm sorry mate please forgive me:sofahide: i must admit i've never used your method of bringing up the EPG:eek:

i've always done the EPG button multi EPG:nono:

please forgive me i've been in knowall SOB mode:rolleyes:

thanks & regards: canthackit

oneforall
07-06-10, 19:09
And how did you fix the 'Adapter Settings' not getting saved issue?
I have the same now.

oneforall
07-06-10, 23:41
Could not get it working by any other means, so reinstalled DE 1.3.2, and it worked after that.
Now new issue: does not work with DE 1.3.3. :(

canthackit
01-07-10, 22:00
sorry i never got back to you.

but i'm back with the problem again, i gave up trying to get it to work but now i need to set it up again, and having the same problem again all images.

so one i havn't tried is the one you mention DE 1.3.2 so i'm gonna try that if it works i'll leave well alone and stick with it......at least until the issue is sorted.