PDA

View Full Version : [Mut@nt HD2400] TV not detecting box without hard reboot

eoinzy
08-10-21, 20:11
Hi,
Not sure if this is an issue with my box, OpenVIX or Samsung.

Most days, I'll get an issue where my Samsung TV will say there is no signal detected on HDMI1, where my enigma box is.
The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug. Rebooting via openWebIf doesn't fix it. It has to be a full power cycle.
Its also happened where I've been watching the box, changed to another input for my games console and when I go back to HDMI1, my TV says there is no box connected.

My current TV I've had about a month as my previous TV was faulty. I got a different model TV and this issue was on the 2 TVs. But the previous TV before that, I didn't notice any issue.
So my month old TV, it happens on. My previous TV I got at Xmas, it happens. My TV before that which I got in 2014 was fine. All Samsung TVs.

I've changed hdmi cable. Changed hdmi inputs. At this stage I don't know what else to try. Usually it's an annoyance and I can do a power cycle and get on with it, but I'm recording something now so don't want to power off as I'll lose the recording.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Maybe it's a Samsung issue? I have another issue with my Samsung soundbar that loses audio sync when I change inputs so I'm not against blaming Samsung for bad firmware!!!

spanner123
08-10-21, 20:50
Try messing about with the HDMI CEC settings on box. Also the resolution settings.

twol
08-10-21, 21:13
Hi,
Not sure if this is an issue with my box, OpenVIX or Samsung.

Most days, I'll get an issue where my Samsung TV will say there is no signal detected on HDMI1, where my enigma box is.
The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug. Rebooting via openWebIf doesn't fix it. It has to be a full power cycle.
Its also happened where I've been watching the box, changed to another input for my games console and when I go back to HDMI1, my TV says there is no box connected.

My current TV I've had about a month as my previous TV was faulty. I got a different model TV and this issue was on the 2 TVs. But the previous TV before that, I didn't notice any issue.
So my month old TV, it happens on. My previous TV I got at Xmas, it happens. My TV before that which I got in 2014 was fine. All Samsung TVs.

I've changed hdmi cable. Changed hdmi inputs. At this stage I don't know what else to try. Usually it's an annoyance and I can do a power cycle and get on with it, but I'm recording something now so don't want to power off as I'll lose the recording.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Maybe it's a Samsung issue? I have another issue with my Samsung soundbar that loses audio sync when I change inputs so I'm not against blaming Samsung for bad firmware!!!

„The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug“ - you are going to kill the box that way.
As mentioned, try enabling hdmi-cec…………. Menu/Setup/hdmi-CEC

eoinzy
10-10-21, 21:31
I have CEC enabled. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. As I said, the same box worked on my old Samsung TV, just not the most recent 2 Samsung TVs.

cactikid
11-10-21, 00:27
Thinking its those dam tvs needing glasses to see the dam thing , can you try other tvs non Samsung at your m8 and possibly will work

How do I enable HDMI on my Samsung TV?
Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV.

Not sure if you did this.

eoinzy
11-10-21, 00:44
The in-laws have the same box, different TV, and have no issues.

Maybe I'll try disable "Input Signal Plus" and see if it changes things.

nekrub2
12-10-21, 21:26
I only use the remote for my sat box. So my HDMI-CEC look slightly different

Use TV remote control no
Handle standby from TV no
Handle wakeup from TV no
Forward volume key no
Put A/V receiver in standby no
Wake A/V receiver from standby no

This means: When I switch on the sat box from standby my TV wakes up. When I go on standby the TV switches also on standby.

Of course my TV is Panasonic, but maybe changing it this way could solve your problem.