PDA

View Full Version : A new en_GB translation

dan-sat
02-10-21, 19:45
I know what you're thinking, it's in English already, what could possibly need translating. It really just boils done to making things simpler to understand, especially when you're coming from Sky. Well here goes:

"Event" becomes "Programme"
"Add Timer" becomes "Record"
"Add AutoTimer" becomes "Series Link"/"Record Series"

I've included both the translation file and the generated file.

To try it out make sure to back up the existing language file in "/usr/share/enigma2/po/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/"
Then unzipping and copying enigma2.mo to "/usr/share/enigma2/po/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/"

Let me know your thoughts.

Willo3092
02-10-21, 19:48
I think the timer thing has been discussed before. It can be used to zap to a certain channel at a specific time so not strictly a recording.

adm
02-10-21, 20:34
I know what you're thinking, it's in English already, what could possibly need translating. It really just boils done to making things simpler to understand, especially when you're coming from Sky. Well here goes:

"Event" becomes "Programme"
"Add Timer" becomes "Record"
"Add AutoTimer" becomes "Series Link"/"Record Series"

I've included both the translation file and the generated file.

To try it out make sure to back up the existing language file in "/usr/share/enigma2/po/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/"
Then unzipping and copying enigma2.mo to "/usr/share/enigma2/po/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/"

Let me know your thoughts.

The sky GUI is not particularly good so why repeat their mistakes.

Series link on otther boxes uses mechanism that is not implemented in OpenVix.
Autotimer also has other functions in addition to just recording a series.

The term that initailly confused me when comming Terrestrial on various a.n.other boxes was "bouquet"

birdman
03-10-21, 01:12
This is actually en_GB.dan-sat, and there is no particular reason to think that what is felt to be correct by you will be felt to be better by others.

I find the current en_GB OK. Not necessarily what I would have written, but that applies to a lot of things.