PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Common Interface question

avalon65
22-09-21, 17:01
On my Gigablue TV box behind the drop down cover, there are x1 Card Reader and x2 Common Interface slots.
I have a Virgin Media TV card and I have connected the Virgin cable to the cable tv connection on the back of the box.
I have enabled Virgin TV on the list of Providers , but in the Common Interface section there is only 1 slot and it says no module found

Now my questions are:which of the slots do I use for the virgin card, and do I have to download any kind of plugin or do anything else.

Thanks

Andy_Hazza
22-09-21, 17:34
Not possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avalon65
22-09-21, 17:35
What isn't possible, please explain

Andy_Hazza
22-09-21, 17:38
You can’t use your Virgin card in your receiver. Same applies with Sky. Premium channels are no longer accessible.

avalon65
22-09-21, 17:48
So even if I am paying for virgin channels and have their card and their cable connected , they cannot be viewed or not accesssible.

What is accessible with what card if I can't use my virgin card.

Andy_Hazza
22-09-21, 17:50
Correct. You have to use the TiVo box.

avalon65
22-09-21, 17:58
Is this something relatively new that has happened as I though that the virgin card could be used a few year back in a satellite tv receiver with a cable tuner.

As there is a cable tuner installed in the box what use if any, can I put it to.
Thanks

Andy_Hazza
22-09-21, 18:10
No not relatively new, not been able to use sky/virgin card for a few years now. The tuner isn’t just for cable it can be used for Terrestrial as well.

When SkyQ and the Virgin V6 boxes came out that’s when it died.

BrokenUnusableAccount
22-09-21, 18:35
I'm still successfully using an expired white Sky card to receive 4Music and London Live.

avalon65
22-09-21, 18:38
Ok , well thanks for clearing that up.

I have just bought the said receiver with the hybrid T and C tuner fitted, and have my terrestrial tv antenna connected to the TV side. It looks like the cable tuner is wasted now.

Just a thought; could the virgin card not be used just for non premium channels.
Thanks

avalon65
22-09-21, 19:11
I have posted my question on the VM community and it has been answered....no I can't as Virgin don't use TV cards any more

JonMMM
22-09-21, 20:06
Even when they did it could not be used, 17 years ago you could hack their boxes and then program your own card to work, then you could use a Dbox or a dreambox as a virtual reciever and input the keys every now and again when they changed. Then they changed the encryption and that stopped. Latter card sharing came out but then that stopped too.

Way back therw was a Dragon Cam that you could put in a PC to decode NTL. But as said all this is in the past.

Virgin dont have any free to view channels Sky do that might be what you are thinking off but will need a disc

cactikid
22-09-21, 21:05
Hook up another feed for terrestrial recording on box and have a hdd to record to. View on tv and record on box then its not wasted.

avalon65
23-09-21, 08:33
I never though about that so thanks. I'll look into getting another feed from the tv antenna.

ronand
23-09-21, 08:39
I never though about that so thanks. I'll look into getting another feed from the tv antenna.

You can split a TV feed - no need to run another feed from the antenna