PDA

View Full Version : Looking for replacement satellite reciever

avalon65
14-09-21, 20:39
I presently have a Mutant HD51 satellite receiver, and I am thinking about replacing it with a newer receiver which has twin satellite and a cable interface or port.

I have looked at a couple of receivers that may suit, but I'm not really sure. The ones I did look at are the Gigablue UHD Quad 4k which has a spare tuner slot, and also the VU+ DUO

Would either of those receivers be suitable for what I want, or are there any others that would suit.

Apologies if it looks like I don't know what I am talking about, as I don't know much about tuners etc.
Thanks

Willo3092
14-09-21, 21:59
A cheaper option is the Zgemma H7S which is almost exactly the same as the mutant hd51 but has 2 sat tuners and a cable/terrestrial tuner.

avalon65
14-09-21, 23:25
Thanks, and do you know what the physical size of the zgemma box is as I can't see it in the specs. Also is the quality the same as the Mutant HD51, because I paid a lot more for that just over 4 years ago.
Thanks

Willo3092
15-09-21, 09:59
It's slightly smaller but performance wise it equals the Mutant imho.
Same processor if I remember rightly.

twol
15-09-21, 10:39
"which has twin satellite and a cable interface " - that is the sticking point, most new receivers do 1 dvb-S2x and 1 Cable/Terrestrial or 2 x dvb-s2x.
If you went Gigablue I would take the gbue4K not gbquad4k - would give you what you ask for (with additional cable tuner card)and is a nice looking quality box. Also if you looked at converting to a unicable LNB would give you a lot more