PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] cant connect to internet

samthedog
12-09-21, 14:50
hi, just new to forum, and just received TM-TWIN-4Kreceiver days ago, but no matter how l try to connect to internet, it wont recognise login/passwords, no matter how many times I've tried. I have done ALL the procedures from the help line, also tried , putty, DCC. AND FILEZILLA ,even changed ip address on receiver(which keeps returning to original IP) . network is telling me I'm connected to receiver ok. any ideas folks,?

ccs
12-09-21, 15:25
Initial telnet connection will have username root and no password.

FTP requires a password, so see here...... https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63400-OpenViX-5-4-released!&p=503909&viewfull=1#post503909

adm
12-09-21, 21:24
hi, just new to forum, and just received TM-TWIN-4Kreceiver days ago, but no matter how l try to connect to internet, it wont recognise login/passwords, no matter how many times I've tried. I have done ALL the procedures from the help line, also tried , putty, DCC. AND FILEZILLA ,even changed ip address on receiver(which keeps returning to original IP) . network is telling me I'm connected to receiver ok. any ideas folks,?

Have you configured your router to only accept certain MAC addresses but you havn't added your box to the list?
Can you connect to the web interface? Type the IP address ofteh box into the address bar of your PCs browswer.

birdman
13-09-21, 02:06
hi, just new to forum, and just received TM-TWIN-4Kreceiver days ago, but no matter how l try to connect to internet, it wont recognise login/passwords, no matter how many times I've tried.Why would you need login/passwords to connect to the Internet?