PDA

View Full Version : GigaBlue FBC Tuner Failed?

tonywh
02-09-21, 13:37
I recently moved house and brought my GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with Unicable Inverto 24UL40 and dish with me. I was setting up the dish with the Gigablue on the Signal Finder which I could see through a window. I was just about finished and decided to tidy up the cable routing during which I disconnected and reconnected the cable at the LNB. The signal was there one moment and completely gone the next. It's been like that ever since - no signal at all. I suspected I had broken the LNB somehow so got new Inverto 32UL42 and reconfigured the tuner settings ... but still no signal.

So the question is - what do I do now? Have I broken the FBC tuner somehow and can it be replaced?

Other information...
The terrestrial tuner is still working.
There is still voltage on the cable at the LNB so I think the cable is OK.

Thanks.

Tony

twol
02-09-21, 13:50
I recently moved house and brought my GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with Unicable Inverto 24UL40 and dish with me. I was setting up the dish with the Gigablue on the Signal Finder which I could see through a window. I was just about finished and decided to tidy up the cable routing during which I disconnected and reconnected the cable at the LNB. The signal was there one moment and completely gone the next. It's been like that ever since - no signal at all. I suspected I had broken the LNB somehow so got new Inverto 32UL42 and reconfigured the tuner settings ... but still no signal.

So the question is - what do I do now? Have I broken the FBC tuner somehow and can it be replaced?

Other information...
The terrestrial tuner is still working.
There is still voltage on the cable at the LNB so I think the cable is OK.

Thanks.

Tony

So are you connected to both tuner inputs A & B or just one?? If one try the other (and reconfigure tuner config)

tonywh
03-09-21, 09:51
Thanks @twol. I'm connected only to A, with B configured to connect to A internally. I've tried connecting to B and changing its configuration so it's not connected to A anymore but still no signal on A or B.

Trial
03-09-21, 10:14
Hi,
because the cable will also supply power to the LNBs you can easily create a short and destroy something. Do you have another receiver you could try?

Ralf

twol
03-09-21, 10:45
1. How easy is it to run a separate cable between the LNB and receiver, just to rule out any issue with the cable?
2. are you sure that you have not knocked the dish off signal??

tonywh
03-09-21, 12:04
Hi,
because the cable will also supply power to the LNBs you can easily create a short and destroy something. Do you have another receiver you could try?

Ralf

Yes, maybe I have destroyed something. I don't have another received to try.

1. How easy is it to run a separate cable between the LNB and receiver, just to rule out any issue with the cable?
2. are you sure that you have not knocked the dish off signal??

Good suggestion, I'll try a different cable just to be sure.

abu baniaz
03-09-21, 12:45
You could also take receiver to another location to try with another dish/lnb. Does not have to be unicable LNB. But must not be wideband (for Sky Q).

tonywh
06-09-21, 18:03
I tried another cable, same result.
Suppose I have killer the tuner, what's the remedy? Can the tuner be replaced or is it a whole new box?

Willo3092
06-09-21, 18:22
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/Plug-and-Play-Digital-Tuner-modules/GiGaBlue-Tuners

twol
06-09-21, 19:20
FBC tuners not plugable/not replaceable - I guess only by Impex-sat/Gigablue (Germany)

So if you haven‘t done this:
Connect cable to input A - make sure its A
Flash with ImageManager latest image into another slot.
It will reboot and go into wizard setup
Do NOT use settings backup, but setup from scratch and see if finds the FBC tuner - if so just configure tuner A and then run a transponder scan to see if it finds anything.

tonywh
12-09-21, 23:10
So if you haven‘t done this:
Connect cable to input A - make sure its A
Flash with ImageManager latest image into another slot.
It will reboot and go into wizard setup
Do NOT use settings backup, but setup from scratch and see if finds the FBC tuner - if so just configure tuner A and then run a transponder scan to see if it finds anything.

Thanks for the suggestion. This managed to tune some of the channels but not others. Interesting - could the tuner be only partially working or is it more likely that the signal quality is poor due to alignment or cable quality?

Mau
11-01-22, 01:33
I had a similar situation, no signal on an FBC tuner, I thought it was broken but re configuring or restoring the tuner settings fixed it.

scouse645
11-01-22, 14:38
Not sure if my problem was the same but i had a Gigablue UHD quad 4k, i tried to get a unicable to work but all efforts failed, apparently it's a driver problem with Gigablue, they weren't very helpful in fixing it, i sold the Gigablue and bought a VU+Ultimo 4k, no problem since, i would add that plenty of people on this forum tried to help but selling it on stopped me throwing it out the window.