PDA

View Full Version : Softcam Tutorial.

CarworldHQ
26-08-21, 11:53
This post was written in 2011. Is it still applicable today?

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers

ronand
26-08-21, 12:17
Not really. Its best to download the correct softcams from the plugin feeds. Menu->Plugins->Green Button (Download Plugins).

CarworldHQ
26-08-21, 12:46
Hi Ronand.
I am attempting this from scratch. I have navigated to and downloaded the latest softcam plugin. Is that it? I am under the impression there is more to this procedure!

ronand
26-08-21, 12:58
Install the required softcam from the feeds and load your config files using an ftp client.

abu baniaz
26-08-21, 23:59
Then go into softcam manager ( Blue > Softcam manager), Start the softcam and also enable autostart (indicated with a tick)

CarworldHQ
27-08-21, 22:10
After much reading and googling I am now at the stage where the softcam manager shows "Active 2.3.0". My next question may sound silly but here goes. Is there a list showing what services this Cccam is associated with?

Finding this all very interesting and absorbing.

Thanks for the help so far.

Huevos
28-08-21, 18:29
After much reading and googling I am now at the stage where the softcam manager shows "Active 2.3.0". My next question may sound silly but here goes. Is there a list showing what services this Cccam is associated with?

Finding this all very interesting and absorbing.

Thanks for the help so far.Surely you must know which subscription service your viewing card is valid for.