PDA

View Full Version : Info button and dual tuner help

mitchelln
19-08-21, 10:55
Hi.

Just got my Due 4K SE runninmg OpenVix. Loving how customisable it is.

First a really dumb question. The GUI refers to an Info button in various places. However, the remote doesn't seem to have one? What button can I use for this?

Secondly. is it possible to run both satellite and DVB-T2 tuners at the same time and distinguish them in the EPG? There are a few channels on Freeview that are not on FreeSat that I'd like to view. Also, sometime in my location if it's raining really hard I lose FreeSat signal, so I would like to easily access FreeView when it happens.

Finally (sorry), is there a way to map satellite Channel 4 HD into the EPG at the C4 location? I believe the channel is accessible, but not available in the FreeSat EPG after their spat with Channel 4.

Thanks!

Willo3092
19-08-21, 12:39
I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).

mitchelln
19-08-21, 12:58
I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).

That's great. Thanks very much. I try those suggestions!

Any recommendations for useful plugins?

mitchelln
19-08-21, 13:21
Weirdly, it won't seem to let me re-assigning the Teletext button for anything. I tried using that for "show event details", but it stubbornly only seems to want to do teletext, which is a completely redundant feature these days. I tried clearing the mapping, but it still only does teletext.

Willo3092
19-08-21, 13:59
My Vu+ remotes are in the loft. I will get one later and have a go. I use One4All remotes on all my boxes.

mitchelln
19-08-21, 14:11
My Vu+ remotes are in the loft. I will get one later and have a go. I use One4All remotes on all my boxes.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

ccs
19-08-21, 14:17
Try the epg button when info is an option, that's all I use.

Willo3092
19-08-21, 14:17
You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.

mitchelln
19-08-21, 14:26
You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.

Oh, pressing OK twice produces a perfect result. Thanks for the tip!