PDA

View Full Version : Openvix 5 4 013 Release Vuduo2 Usb Not installing.

CarworldHQ
15-08-21, 13:03
Hi all and thanks for reading.
I have acquired second hand vu duo2 STB. it came with openPLi installed on it. Though this works well I would like to use openvix. I downloaded the relevant zipped file, extracted it, and placed the files on a USB stick. I switched off the STB placed the USB stick in the receptacle behind the front panel. I then switched on the STB at the rear. I waited for the prompt to press the power button behind the panel on the front. There was no prompt. However, the LED on the USB stick was flickering, so I assumed the STB was reading and collecting the data from the USB stick. On examination it would appear that no installation has taken place. I've repeated this process with two other USB sticks and placed these memory sticks at the rear and the front of the STB without success, what am I doing wrong?
Kind regards

Tony Simpson

bmitie
15-08-21, 19:45
Its important that the usb stick is formatted to FAT 32 and the files are extracted direct to usb so that they are in the correct order. Make sure no other sticks plugged in. If you dont get prompt press pwoer in front at same time as back but correct file layout could be the porblem.

abu baniaz
15-08-21, 22:35
You can also flash the Vix image from within PLI. Place the zipped image file on the root of the HDD (i.e not in a folder). In the "Flash Image" menu, you will see image in the downloaded category.

CarworldHQ
15-08-21, 23:59
Dear Abu
Typical school boy error. I did work it out before I read your post though. The files were in a folder. Thanks for your reply.