PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo4K] Zero filesize on radio files again - got log but info is missing

SkyFan
15-08-21, 03:40
So I had to wait a while for the zero filesize bug to happen again. The following recordings each had a file size under 39 MB instead of around 1 GB.

20210813 1159 - BBC R2 - xRadiox - BBC R2 (Daily) 12pm-12'05am
20210813 1159 - BBC R1 - xRadiox - BBC R1 (Daily) 12'00pm-12'05am

The files won’t play back as it seems that nothing was actually recorded.

My log appears to be useless. The log was started on July 31 but most of the file just says “NUL” and there’s only readable information from around 1AM on 15th August which doesn’t cover the above files from Aug 13. Is there a specific setting I need to use to get the log to actually log information properly?

All logs attached.

birdman
15-08-21, 04:10
The log was started on July 31 but most of the file just says “NUL” and there’s only readable information from around 1AM on 15th August which doesn’t cover the above files from Aug 13.That bits a bug for which I have a fix, but the person who would need to accept it had problems with it (no-one else does). (It's a result of the log-file size management code being totally unsuitable for purpose).

I'll submit that for testing again (it's been working fine for me for a few months).

No idea about the failed recordings, sorry.

SkyFan
17-08-21, 12:24
Thanks. I changed the max filesize to 1 MB and it seems to be logging correctly now. The log functionality is annoying. I changed the max filesize from 10 MB to 1 MB yet afterwards an existing log of 1.4 MB in size keeps growing in size! So I'm forced to delete the log so I can get a clean new log started. Yet a new log file isn't started unless I restart the GUI or restart the box.

Does it ever keep more than 1 log file?

birdman
17-08-21, 14:17
Yet a new log file isn't started unless I restart the GUI or restart the box.

Does it ever keep more than 1 log file?Working on it...it's a long-standing bug.