PDA

View Full Version : Help to find a new receiver

Billy315
01-08-21, 12:12
Hi Guys

I am looking for a new digital receiver. One that uses two legacy cables from my dish.

Would the use of my TV Ariel be another option?

4K 2160 etc.

Advice and help please:confused:

ronand
01-08-21, 12:37
Not too many boxes have 2 sat tuners and a terrestrial tuner unless you want to pay silly money. I have a Zgemma H7S. It has 2 satellite tuners and 1 for terrestrial. Its fast, does 4K and takes an internal HDD and doesn't break the bank.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/zgemma/zgemma-h7s

Huevos
01-08-21, 14:14
Yes, H7, 2 x DVB-S2 and 1 DVB-T2. Internal hdd.

I also really like the Edision Mio 4k plus. https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/edision_/edision-os-mio-plus-4k-grey

johnhoe
01-08-21, 16:55
I love my new Octagon SF8008, Twin 4k Sat tuner. Really quick processor and multiboot. No internal HD but hey whats wrong with recording to SD slot, and internal HD tends to produce heat anyway.

Huevos
01-08-21, 17:29
sf8008, twin sat tuner and no terrestrial... or... one terrestrial and one satellite.

Huevos
01-08-21, 17:40
No internal HD but hey whats wrong with recording to SD slot, and internal HD tends to produce heat anyway.Each to their own. Much better use an external hdd than an SD card. These days with FHD channels and 4K, 1 TB would be a good bottom limit. I have not had any heat problems with any of my internal drives. Boxes that take internal hard drives are pretty well ventilated, whereas many that don't, don't even have a cooling fan.

H7 has to be best value for money.

johnhoe
01-08-21, 17:49
Much better use an external hdd than an SD card

I myself use two Netac 256G thumb USB 3.0 drives that are shared via CIFS, they are plugged into my Asus AC-87U router and work great as network recordable drives.
As you say it is personal preference... I prefer a more mini box with no fan..