PDA

View Full Version : [Zgemma H7] Zgemma H5 crashes on ABM update for terrestrial scan

davemay
20-07-21, 20:15
I did a DVB terrestrial scan in ABM to find the best transponders for my Zgemma H5 viewing in Sheffield. It came up with six new transponders forming a new bouquet called "South Yorkshire terrestrial". An onscreen message instructed me to turn off Sheffield in the Freeview menu and use the new "South Yorkshire Terrestrial" bouquet.
Ever since doing this my STB crashes every night on ABM update. Also when I attempt to update provider files I get a failed message unable to retrieve file 404 notice.
Is there anything I can do to rectify this, or do I need to revert back to Sheffield Freeview which is recognised in ABM?
I would appreciate any help with this issue from anyone in the VIX team. I'd also be interested in anyone else having the same problems with the new "South Yorkshire Terrestrial" transponders?

ronand
20-07-21, 20:32
zgemma h5??

ccs
20-07-21, 20:40
Not sure what you've been doing, did you use ABM DVB-T frequency finder?

Crash logs might help.

ronand
20-07-21, 20:55
If its a H5 then there is no official Openvix image for it and we don't support it.

kill_bill
20-07-21, 22:19
My Vu Solo 2 is also doing this. Fine if I scan just Sky

abu baniaz
21-07-21, 07:24
My Vu Solo 2 is also doing this. Fine if I scan just Sky

Can you please attach your crash log?

ccs
21-07-21, 09:17
I can't produce a crash, whether on Py2 or Py3.

db49er
15-08-21, 14:38
I have exactly the same problem on my VU+ Solo 4K with North East Terrestrial.

Huevos
18-08-21, 11:03
Ok, so it looks like you created the xml file with an older version and now you are running the current version.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker/commit/8c6aa3f266c44f61b9151c261e721cc16b578ff7#diff-cc36a576ab755e99b506cdf5c46fca77ee00e35437118d25d6 d2dc9061b13626

So in the xml file change "skip" to "skip.skip".

db49er
19-08-21, 11:24
Please provide the name and path of the .xml file you refer to as I cannot find it.

Huevos
19-08-21, 21:40
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/terrestrial_finder.xml

db49er
21-08-21, 16:11
Thank you, all fixed.

abu baniaz
21-08-21, 20:22
Slightly off topic, ideally the ABM provider file should be updated.

Huevos
21-08-21, 23:02
That would overwrite the default file and be lost on updates.

abu baniaz
21-08-21, 23:15
What has changed to result in updates to ABM provider files not making it to updates? Is this a change on GitHUb? Shall we move the thread asking people to supply updates away from public section?

Huevos
22-08-21, 00:50
What are you on about?

If you overwrite a file that is part of the build, your changes will be lost next time that module is updated by the build.

abu baniaz
23-08-21, 00:19
So how is it until now updates to the provider file always get added to updates and now no longer do as per your suggestion?

The OP isn't using the ABM provider file, so he isn't going to overwrite the file on his box.

Huevos
23-08-21, 14:39
Why do you twist everything I say? I never said changes could not be forwarded to github.

abu baniaz
31-08-21, 16:15
What did I twist? The provider files are on GitHub. This is where we have always updated them. It seems there was some misunderstanding. I am referring to the provider file we use in ABM, and you somehow concluded that I was suggesting that he should update a file on his box that he is not using.

Edit:
Frequency finder thread is here where we ask for updates: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-Frequency-Finder-Add-HD-channels-regions-UK-Terrestrial

Post 13 (me):

Post 14 (you):

Post 15 (me)
What has changed to result in updates to ABM provider files not making it to updates? Is this a change on GitHUb? Shall we move the thread asking people to supply updates away from public section?

Post 16 (you)
What are you on about?
If you overwrite a file that is part of the build, your changes will be lost next time that module is updated by the build.

Post 17 (me)
So how is it until now updates to the provider file always get added to updates and now no longer do as per your suggestion?

The OP isn't using the ABM provider file, so he isn't going to overwrite the file on his box.

Huevos
31-08-21, 21:02
What did I twist? The provider files are on GitHub. This is where we have always updated them. It seems there was some misunderstanding. I am referring to the provider file we use in ABM, and you somehow concluded that I was suggesting that he should update a file on his box that he is not using.

Edit:
Frequency finder thread is here where we ask for updates: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?59815-ABM-Frequency-Finder-Add-HD-channels-regions-UK-Terrestrial

Post 13 (me):

Post 14 (you):

Post 15 (me)

Post 16 (you)
What are you on about?

Post 17 (me)

Do you ever stop?

If your only point is to find fault with me please don't post.

abu baniaz
31-08-21, 22:10
My purpose here is to help people. I will not stop doing that.

icemen
02-09-21, 01:24
I can vouch for that, Abu took over an hour of his own time to help me with an issue I was having with my box. Couldn't have done it without him. True asset to this forum �� thank you ��