PDA

View Full Version : Remote no longer working post USB image

fnealon
19-07-21, 16:22
I flashed from version 4.x to version 5.x.
All appeared to have went well except the remote control no longer controls the box. I cannot setup the box or restore settings as I cannot get any key press to register.

What can I do?

ronand
19-07-21, 17:17
You must have changed the remote code at some stage. You will need to set it to code 2 as described on page 64 of the manual from the vuplus site

ccs
19-07-21, 17:29
......deleted

adm
19-07-21, 22:41
I flashed from version 4.x to version 5.x.
All appeared to have went well except the remote control no longer controls the box. I cannot setup the box or restore settings as I cannot get any key press to register.

What can I do?

There is a full remote in the web interface (webif). If this is working it will enable you to get into the menus and change settings.

fnealon
20-07-21, 14:38
Brilliant and thanks.
Setting the code to 2 allowed me to get past the initial setup screen.

I restored the backed up settings from the previous image. Rebooted. Tv channel broadcasting but remote does not work again.
Is there a mismatch between the settings saved from the previous image (version 4.x) and version 5.x?

ccs
20-07-21, 14:41
Setting the code to 2 will have given you the default value, you must have changed it sometime else in the past which is now being used after a settings restore.