PDA

View Full Version : DVB-C FBC Tuner

frank
15-07-21, 03:42
Hi,

As the DVB-C FBC (cable) tuner doesn't have a terrestrial tuner, does that mean the free channels which are available on cable like BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4 and CH5 won't work?

Also, has the Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner and the Vu+ Ultimo 4K receiver discontinued?

Thanks

abu baniaz
15-07-21, 08:08
The 1-5 channels will work on cable. However, in most areas BBC2 and Channel 4 were replaced by their HD versions which are not free.

frank
15-07-21, 10:51
Will the VU+ DVB-S2/S2X FBC Twin (satellite) tuner work with a standard LNB or will I need a particular LNB?

Will there be any limitations with a standard LNB? Can I still watch/record 8 different channels?

Thanks

abu baniaz
15-07-21, 12:44
Yes, you can use a universal/regular LNB with an FBC tuner.

A universal LNB switches between high, low, vertical and horizontal. So there are limitations. I got to about 30 channels.

Bear in mind that even with a Vu Solo which has one tuner, more than 10 years old, you can record several channels so long as you are on the same transponder.

A Terrestrial tuner will have fewer limitations as almost all the HD services are on one frequency.

Huevos
15-07-21, 21:12
Ultimo 4k discontinued: yes.

There is no FBC tuner for terrestrial. There is a DVB-T2 twin tuner that fits in the FBC style slot.

Satellite FBC tuners have 2 sockets, so that means you can receive multiplexes from a maximum of 2 sub-bands out of the 4 at any given time if you stick with a universal LNB.

If you use a Unicable II LNB you will be able to access up to 8 multiplexes simultaneously without any limitation on the sub-band they are coming from.