PDA

View Full Version : plugin Project Valerie

hummer66
17-02-11, 10:06
Hi
Had a play with this last night
It’s a media GUI that scans any media mounts of your choice
And gets all the film covers and imdb info

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6288&stc=1&d=1297933534

Looks like my popcorn a110 is now redundant
Anyone else had a play with this??

bassethound
17-02-11, 10:27
I have tried it in the past not sure what version its on now make sure you do a backup before installing as it trashed my installation twice :D

i found it was a bit clunky and slow to download covers i assume its being improved all the time :cool:

hummer66
17-02-11, 10:41
only had about an hour on it last night
after it ask me to download the lastest version and rebooted it worked great

next on my list is pictures.... using picture player i get all the thumbnail up ok.. press ok to view one vix spinner
then have to reboot??
any ideas

punisher
17-02-11, 12:25
yeh i had a few problems with it, id install it, then reboot, then it would ask me to download latest version, then reboot, and then ask me to download latest version again and then reboot and then continue in that loop lol make sure you make a backup image before you install this lol

andyblac
17-02-11, 13:52
could never get still to work, it would just crash while scanning my 2,500 tv episodes :)

punisher
17-02-11, 14:09
could never get still to work, it would just crash while scanning my 2,500 tv episodes :)

I wonder if that had anything to do with 2500 tv episodes :confused: lol

andyblac
17-02-11, 14:12
I wonder if that had anything to do with 2500 tv episodes :confused: lol

hehe, i save nearly every thing i record and archive on my 10TB raid

punisher
17-02-11, 15:10
jeeeeeeeeez, im just about half way through a 1TB drive let a lone attempting 10TB lol but never the less i like the idea of this Project Valerie, just wont work at the moment for me though

silverfox0786
17-02-11, 15:12
no didnt work for me too

i use a windows app called personal video database much easier to use

but yeah i was shocked 10TB i though i was bad with 6TB and only 500GB left

judge
24-02-11, 03:48
Installed latest version, 500 I think? & I love it on VIX 2.0.3.
It does take a while to index & does throw up way too many false positives for movies, but for TV series named in the SxxExx format it works fantastically.
Turn off the Show wizard on start, Start Valarie on e2 start & check for upgrades on Valerie start.
Not a green screen in sight & a great way of viewing TV series.
Hopefully movie recognition will work better soon. If you use the windoze app you can set an IMDB id for movies & it will try to download the correct movie/art info but in my experience it's still not great in that area yet.

fintannl
24-02-11, 21:57
likewise, just loaded it tonight. looks absolutely great. took a while to figure out. the indexing did take a while. also couldn't figure how to start it but then i pressed the menu button and there it was. superb. many thanks

judge
24-02-11, 23:49
yeah, sits at top level on the menu button. I prefer my TV to turn on as a TV when I boot the box rather than having to input what you want so turned off the auto start-up. Doesn't seem to cause any speed decreases when starting from Menu & works fantastic for TV series.

punisher
25-02-11, 00:09
will have to give this another twirl seen as you guys giving good feedback

fintannl
25-02-11, 00:36
if you read the installation instructions they can be a bit vague. i simply put the oe16 ipk into /tmp and installed using the vix ipk installer rather than the more complicated method described on the website. worked a charm and well nice application

judge
25-02-11, 01:04
if you read the installation instructions they can be a bit vague. i simply put the oe16 ipk into /tmp and installed using the vix ipk installer rather than the more complicated method described on the website. worked a charm and well nice application

shit, being a bloke I didn't even notice or read any installation instructions, just went for the ipk VIX install, 501 seems flawless for TV series & looks great, well worth a try.
It prob still has the new version/update on start up bug though, just disable that option in settings.

fintannl
25-02-11, 02:08
screwed up too many ikea beds and argos cabinets by not reading instructions. eventually had to pay attention to instructions after kids fell through the bottom of the beds followed by the cabinets collapsing on top of them. wife suspicious that i just want the tv for myself so she thought i was trying anything to get rid of potential users. :-) noticed while i was at work recently that she moved the argos cabinet in our bedroom to my side of the room :-)

judge
25-02-11, 23:07
Using this plugin more and more & must say I love it. First scan takes a long time but worth it.
The false movie names/pic/desc can easily be fixed under Synchronize/ Manage (red button), locate the wrong movie, hit OK and use Alternatives (red button) or input the IMDB ID (green button)
Version 501 has not given me a single green screen on the default VIX 2.0.3 skin after setting default settings after first boot with it installed.
Would be a great addition to VIX and worth skinning to suit the image.

ronaldbiggs
26-02-11, 08:57
Where are you guys getting this plugin from ?, have looked on the plugin menu but cannot see it ?

Thanks

judge
26-02-11, 09:42
Where are you guys getting this plugin from ?, have looked on the plugin menu but cannot see it ?

Thanks

Its on

http://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/

ronaldbiggs
26-02-11, 20:46
Thanks Judge, I will try ro install when "Valerie" when I get a spare 1/2 hour, certainly looks like an excellent plugin

Sicilian
27-02-11, 09:05
Looks like there was a new release 7 hours ago :)

http://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/downloads/list

wacek
01-03-11, 16:23
On my VTI 2.4 I cant sync - Valerie starts, show 1/506 (first movie ) and nothing happens. Ive waited 5-10 min but it still shows 1/506. I switched to TV and start to use Vuduo to watch tv. After hour or so Ive checked if theres some progress but still valerie freez at 1/506.
Is there something I should do initially , at the beggining?

judge
01-03-11, 16:27
On my VTI 2.4 I cant sync - Valerie starts, show 1/506 (first movie ) and nothing happens. Ive waited 5-10 min but it still shows 1/506. I switched to TV and start to use Vuduo to watch tv. After hour or so Ive checked if theres some progress but still valerie freez at 1/506.
Is there something I should do initially , at the beggining?

That happened with me once too, a reboot of the box fixed it.

irishchris
02-03-11, 02:00
one problem i have had since updating to latest version of project valerie is with the movies which were not identified correctly. went into synchronise and then manage and went to enter imdb number to correct the movie and it would green screen. after endless times of trying and then looking through to see where error was i have found it. if anyone has same issue of green screen when you go into synchronise and manage and enter imdb numer change the following.

go to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/extensions/Projectvaleriesync/plugin.py and change line 617

and change to

self.session.openWithCallback(self.showEnterImdbId Callback, InputBox, title="ImdbId without tt", type=Input.NUMBER)#useableChars="0123456789")

should then work perfect and download new art by now entering imdb number without problems :)

wacek
02-03-11, 17:58
@judge. In my case restart is not helping. After 3th or 4th restart and sync trial Ive finally disabled the plugin.

judge
05-03-11, 22:18
Hi all,
I am trying to update to the latest version of this plugin.
I download it, and issue

ipkg install /hdd/project-valerie_rev509_mipsel_oe16.ipk
and the result is:

Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie).
Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie).
Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie is already installed on root.

So, I remove it with

ipkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie and then issue
ipkg install /hdd/project-valerie_rev509_mipsel_oe16.ipk again.

This time, i get:

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie (1.0+svnr492-r0) to root...
Downloading http://www.world-of-satellite.com/plugin_feed/feeds/vuduo/2.0/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr492-r0_all.ipk.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie.

any idea how I use the updated version & not the one in the plugin feeds? Thanks.

bassethound
05-03-11, 22:46
the one from the plugin feed is fine when you first instal project-valerie it checks for latest version and updates it self

or check link in first post for news on latest fixes/problems

judge
05-03-11, 23:38
the one from the plugin feed is fine when you first instal project-valerie it checks for latest version and updates it self

or check link in first post for news on latest fixes/problems

It doesn't update though, gets stuck in an update loop.
How do I install the latest version from

without using the VIX servers?

punisher
05-03-11, 23:39
mine was stuck in a complete update loop, no matter how many times i updated it, it would not update. just uninstalled in the end

punisher
05-03-11, 23:41
It doesn't update though, gets stuck in an update loop.
How do I install the latest version from

without using the VIX servers?

put the ipk file in /tmp and then go to IPK Installer in Menu/Setup/VIX/ and install from there, then reboot ...

judge
05-03-11, 23:43
put the ipk file in /tmp and then go to IPK Installer in Menu/Setup/VIX/ and install from there, then reboot ...

Tried that & it installs the version on the VIX server, not the downloaded updated version.

punisher
05-03-11, 23:49
will have to see if andy or sic can update it in the vix feeds, but im not sure what the problem is as it seems to work for others

judge
06-03-11, 00:17
yeah, it works fine for me too, but there have been many new fixes since the feed version so I want to use the latest.
looks like it updates but doesn't seem to, always uses the feed version.

Cha0s
07-03-11, 09:04
Yeah the new version would be awesome ;)

judge
10-03-11, 23:35
andy, is it possible to use the current Valerie releases & not the version in the VIX feed?

silverfox0786
11-03-11, 00:40
andy, is it possible to use the current Valerie releases & not the version in the VIX feed?

they not been tested on vix but u can try em and report back

bassethound
11-03-11, 00:46
The trouble with Project Valerie is that in the last 7 days it has had 19 updates by the time we put one on the feeds it will be out of date :D

judge
11-03-11, 01:26
they not been tested on vix but u can try em and report back

Would love to but the problem is when I try to install the downloaded version, it looks at the feeds & only installs the version there.
Is there a way to overwrite this setting & install the version I download & not in the VIX feed?

judge
11-03-11, 01:29
The trouble with Project Valerie is that in the last 7 days it has had 19 updates by the time we put one on the feeds it will be out of date :D

agree, development is moving fast but many bug fixes have been worked on since the VIX feed version.
VIX seems to limit me to only using the version in the feed, please correct me if I am wrong & let me know how to use/test an updated version.

bassethound
11-03-11, 01:38
I have just tried to instal the latest version of project-valerie_rev523_mipsel_oe16.ipk on the VIX 2.0 image

got installation errors there seems to be a problems installing Project Valerie on the VU+ at the moment

judge
11-03-11, 01:44
I have just tried to instal the latest version of project-valerie_rev523_mipsel_oe16.ipk on the VIX 2.0 image

got installation errors there seems to be a problems installing Project Valerie on the VU+ at the moment

Thanks bassethound, what commands are you using to install it?
opkg install ...file... always tells me it is installed or if not installed, installs the version in the VIX feed, never lets me install downloaded version.

silverfox0786
11-03-11, 02:22
Would love to but the problem is when I try to install the downloaded version, it looks at the feeds & only installs the version there.
Is there a way to overwrite this setting & install the version I download & not in the VIX feed?

u need to remove the one on feeds first

long blue button the red to remove then scroll down to it and ok

OldSkulRide
11-03-11, 11:54
MiLo tried to fix this but its still broken, so we need to wait for new fixes...
http://openpli.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=openpli/openembedded;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/2.0-pre13

Updating from plugin doesnt work and MiLo disable this in one of his newer commits.

judge
12-03-11, 20:49
u need to remove the one on feeds first

long blue button the red to remove then scroll down to it and ok

Tried that silverfox, however when trying to install the updated version, It always downloads the older version from the feed & installs that.
Any chance of putting a newer version on the feeds?

silverfox0786
12-03-11, 23:09
Tried that silverfox, however when trying to install the updated version, It always downloads the older version from the feed & installs that.
Any chance of putting a newer version on the feeds?

It will get added as soon as andy gets a moment

how are u installing it

if you put ipk into /tmp [var/volotile/tmp] and telnet to box

cd to /tmp

and type ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

it will install the actual ipk file and nothing else

infact that command will install all and any ipk files that reside in /tmp

judge
12-03-11, 23:19
It will get added as soon as andy gets a moment

how are u installing it

if you put ipk into /tmp [var/volotile/tmp] and telnet to box

cd to /tmp

and type ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

it will install the actual ipk file and nothing else

infact that command will install all and any ipk files that reside in /tmp

Yeah, tried that, still downloads & installs the old feed version though. Same on PLI nightly builds, but they have a more current version in the feeds now so not as bad.

silverfox0786
12-03-11, 23:35
are u sure it downloading them and its not that u have in yr possetion the same version as on the feeds

can you uninstall all or any version

then install as i described above and post your telnet output here

hifial
13-03-11, 00:14
I've tried to update also I had r492 installed I removed the plugin and installed the new version r5xx from the /temp folder (using ipk installer) and it completed, but when I launch Valerie it's still r492 weird!

silverfox0786
13-03-11, 00:27
its a valarie issue in that case its not recogising the update chane and infact not installing

its all to do with the cache and how it registeres version

judge
13-03-11, 01:44
are u sure it downloading them and its not that u have in yr possetion the same version as on the feeds

can you uninstall all or any version

then install as i described above and post your telnet output here

yeah, installing correctly but always picks the version in the VIX feed.
Probably a valery bug but a lot of bugs have been fixed since the VIX version in the feeds, so adding the latest version to the feed would help.

t.ph
27-03-11, 10:17
Rev 529 Release date 19/03/11

Seems to be working ok

killz187
06-04-11, 13:45
Having problems with Rev 529 i downloaded it through vix plugins does anyone know how i can remove it from my box?

punisher
06-04-11, 14:23
Go into plugins, red button remove pluins and fin it under extensions i think

Tw4T
18-04-11, 12:22
Hi, Just placed the newest build project-valerie_rev530_mipsel_oe16.ipk (2.8 MB) into the /tmp folder and installed via Vix Menu.
It did install but installed version r529 (from the feeds im guessing) .
Tried to do an update via the program but came back with something like

Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Multiple replacers for project-valerie, using first one (enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie). Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie is already installed on root.

I don’t seem to have any problems with v r529, apart from a LOT of false positives for my Wrestling shows, but I can sort that out at a later date.
Any idea why it wont update? Is there a way to delete the program from the ViX feed, maybe that would allow me to update.

Many thanks :)

Tw4T
20-04-11, 11:03
Had to give it up as a bad job for the time being. It was syncing with HDD (the main timeshift, record drive) but with the second USB drive; HDD2, it was hanging on the first file. Multiple restarts and multiple resets of the cache and settings made no difference. I`m not sure if it was because HDD2 is NTFS or not. Might give it another go in a few months when its matured a bit.

avonpok
03-05-11, 22:56
Hi to all (my first post here). :)

I've found a temporary solution to this install thing.

Download the .ipk from the Project Valerie website.
Unpack the .ipk (7zip worked for me) and then the .tar within.
Then copy the usr folder to the / of your Vu+.

Thats it. Now you have your downloaded version installed (and not the outdated from the feed).

By the way, i think it's not a Valerie bug but a ViX image bug (had no problems with VTI or BlackHole) because it installs always the version from the feed and i doubt the Project Valerie team implemented the ViX feed adress for their updates... ;)

Btw: Sorry for my english, i'm german and my english lessons at school are almost 20 years old.

killz187
05-05-11, 16:18
Downloaded the new project-valerie-rev 583 ipk and put it in /temp and went to the box and installed it using ipk installer all went well,but when i go to projrct -valerie its still telling me to install a new version:r583 which i do but i still end up with version :r529.is there a fix to this?i think its still down loading the old version from the feed.I have tried the above method can not really understand it.

Can someone explain the above post please were it says

killz187
05-05-11, 16:37
Downloaded the new project-valerie-rev 583 ipk and put it in /temp and went to the box and installed it using ipk installer all went well,but when i go to projrct -valerie its still telling me to install a new version:r583 which i do but i still end up with version :r529.is there a fix to this?i think its still down loading the old version from the feed.I have tried the above method can not really understand it.

Can someone explain the above post please were it says

All sorted now after reading it a couple of times thanks avonpok.

rob76
05-06-11, 10:25
The built in media player is beginning to test my patience so I'm considering giving this a go now. Do the Project Valerie in play controls, fast forward and rewind, work well or do they use the same functionality of the media player?

Etk
22-08-11, 23:50
Has anyone got this working? I've managed to install it but every time I try a scan of my NAS it just hangs, the error log says it can't find a blacklist file in hdd/valerie/ but I'm not sure if that's the reason its not playing. I'm stuck ono v906 as I can't get it to take anything later than that, again not sure if this is the problem. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the mac to extract the .ipk file so can't do as suggested above and manually install it.