PDA

View Full Version : 1.8m dish recomandation

Clemente
09-07-21, 17:26
Hello, I'm looking for a new, 1.8 or 2m 1-piece, aluminium, prime focus dish. Not interested in fiber glass dishes. My preferences are going to professional antennas, so I'm evaluating something built by the english company Elite-antenna. Anyone tested that dishes? If not, any other recomandation for such product please? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Huevos
11-07-21, 18:41
I've got a Famaval 1.8m fixed, and a Marafa 1.8m motorised. Both are great.

Clemente
11-07-21, 20:21
Well, I tried a Famaval some years ago but it worked well only with its own feedhorn. Testing the dish using alternative feedhorns I was not able to get the exact focal point, and I had many interferences from nearly located satellites (antenna side lobes too high). I never tested Marafa, where can I find them? Thank you.

Huevos
11-07-21, 23:55
Well, I tried a Famaval some years ago but it worked well only with its own feedhorn. Testing the dish using alternative feedhorns I was not able to get the exact focal point, and I had many interferences from nearly located satellites (antenna side lobes too high). I never tested Marafa, where can I find them? Thank you.I really have no clue what you are talking about. I work with these dishes every day and they work well. If you are receiving interference from adjacent satellites it most likely means the dish is bent.

Clemente
03-08-21, 09:42
After 3 weeks of intensive search, I understand that few prime focus dishes are available now, and SMC seems the preferred building material for most manufacturers.... So, maybe I must change my initial project, dropping aluminium and prime focus options. But there is an important point not so clear to me. Can be offset dishes installed on a common polar mount? Or a specific polar mount is needed due to different offset angle? I found good 2.4m dishes like CPI (ex Prodelin) or Skyware (ex Raven and Channel Master), but I do not know if a particular motorised mount is required. I want inclined orbit option, so 2 actuators are required. I just made such installation many times but only with prime focus dishes, never with offset dishes. Any advice? Thank you.